Opinions on whether my Beagle is mixed with another breed? Photos

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by Annie95, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Tass

Tass New Member

Name:
    Tass
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. WhichPets

WhichPets New Member

Name:
    WhichPets
    Aw he looks lovely!
    Head looks a bit narrower (less square) than most beagles I see but dogs can come in all shapes and sizes so it's not to say he's not a beagle.
    Tass makes a good point about the difference in show and working lines - if you look at show labs/cockers they look slightly different to working dogs of the breed.

My dog is a lot less stocky and full coated than her parents and siblings (and breed standard) so individual dogs can vary.
  4. EgyptGal

EgyptGal New Member

Name:
    SHARON
    Yes Murf:grin: they tend to be taller lighter built with pointier noses !
  5. EgyptGal

EgyptGal New Member

Name:
    SHARON
    Def a beagle i would say see quite a few like him through beagle welfare have had a few here ! they call them farm beagles ie working not show beagles and no pedigree papers. He's lovely by the way :grin: are you measuring to the shoulder ?
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Hows your crew EG..??
  7. BeagleBella

BeagleBella New Member

Name:
    Carla
    Hmm, definitely wouldn't say its all beagle. Too tall, and its face is too 'thin' if that makes sense? Typical beagles have the big 'square' heads. I would upload a pic of Bella, but no idea how you do it!!

After seeing the pic of a harrier, I would definitely say its a mix between the two.

Is it KC Reg, you could try going back on its family tree?! xxx
  8. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    I grew up with a beagle and he looked very similar to yours.
  9. Annie95

Annie95 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Yeah I agree he hasn't got the typical beagle 'square head' :lol: Thanks for your help! :)
  10. Annie95

Annie95 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Ah ok that's interesting, not sure about pedigree papers and all that so I doubt he's pedigree but I also got him from a farm :) Thanks! Yeah I think I'm measuring him right, but next time I go to the vets I'll get them to do it for me :)
  11. Hannaho

Hannaho New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    working beagle - just like one of mine :) alot easier to trainthan the show ones believe me i have a show beagle and a working one. hes lovely looking :)
  12. EgyptGal

EgyptGal New Member

Name:
    SHARON
    How dare you insinuate that show beagles are hard to train..........:lol: they just don't do much you ask them too:005:
  13. honeytone

honeytone New Member

Name:
    Sara
    I call it "independent intelligence". They make their own minds up whether what they're doing is more rewarding than the reward you have to offer. ;-)
  14. honeytone

honeytone New Member

Name:
    Sara
    Oh, and here's another photo of working pack Beagles...

[​IMG]

Taller, more slightly built, shorter ears and pointier features. Don't forget, they're the "original" Beagle. ;)

If he comes from working lines, I'd say your boy is definitely all Beagle! :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  15. Annie95

Annie95 New Member

Name:
    Annie
    Thanks! That's really interesting :) I love seeing where he originates from it's so cool :p and the thought of him being pure beagle is great too (although I don't mind if he's mixed) so thanks for your help! Oh and how do you put pics into a reply like you did?
  16. honeytone

honeytone New Member

Name:
    Sara
    To post a picture on this forum it has to be already hosted online somewhere. If they're your own pictures you can upload them to a site like Photobucket which will give you an image url to use. For pictures elsewhere on the net, hover over it with your cursor, right click and "copy image url". Then to insert the picture into a post simply paste the image url and wrap it in image tags -

Like so...

[​IMG]
  17. EgyptGal

EgyptGal New Member

Name:
    SHARON
    Now there's a way of thinking..........
  18. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    If his parents were definitely 100% beagle then he will be all beagle.

Working lines can look nothing like show lines.
  19. Darcy Boy

Darcy Boy New Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    A bit of something else I think. Nice boy.