Hi.... Which breed for me?

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by dolaper, Jan 21, 2012.

1. dolaper

dolaper New Member

Name:
    Lisa

Hi....

Hi Everyone,

Im Lisa and looking for some help and advice from you experienced users :grin:

I am interested in buying a puppy in July. I'm torn between the Northern Inuit and Siberian Husky! We are looking for the dog to be a family dog which has children and possible contact with other dogs in the family. I live in a bungalow with 8ft fences which is all enclosed.

I work from home so will with him all day, with a possibility of being away 3 days out of every 6-8 weeks. My husband works full time and we have a 10yr old.

Do you know of any breeders in Dorset? And apart from making sure that the dog is right for us, what are the other factors that I need to consider.

If anyone could give me any help or guidance, as to when I should start looking be very grateful.

Thanks Lisa:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. pingu007

pingu007 New Member

Name:
    BECKY
    am not very familiar with either breed but would suggest that you ensure that parents have had necessary health tests related to either. would definitely want hip scoring at the very least. have heard good and bad about both but thats the same with any breed!!! make sure the breeder checks you out carefully, a good breeder should really care where her or his puppies are going, the breeder for two of my dogs did a house visit to ensure they were going to a good home :) would steer clear of anyone just wanting your money asking very few questions and not being happy or even not letting you visit the mother any of their other dogs.
    see if you can visit breeders now meet their dogs see if you like the dogs they are producing will give you a good idea of them and them a good idea of you hope this helps :) :)