Grey Owners - What Food Recommend Diet

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by GandalfTheGrey, Sep 27, 2011.

1. GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey New Member

Name:
    Andy

Grey Owners - What Food Recommend

Fellow Grey Owners - Advice Sought.

I have gone and done it now, :grin: I have adopted a 2nd Grey, he is a fawn boy of 2 called Marley. He compliments Niamh wonderfully, when she gets back to full health it will be great seeing them walk and bounce together....

Ah, but I digress...

What I would like to ask is what food would you recommend for Marley who has a gluten intolerance? It's a mine field out there.

Many thanks

Andy
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    All my lot are on CSJ including Guinness who has had a dicky tum before. They're all doing very well on it. There is a lamb and rice wheat and gluten free version too.
    There are lots of dog foods that are gluten free. They sell them in PAH. James Wellbeloved is a good one too.
    Congratulations on adopting your second grey!! Addictive aren't they?!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  4. monkeydonkey

monkeydonkey New Member

Name:
    Lucy
    Fish for dogs for dry mixed with salmon mousse or something else interesting! Mine do really well on it poop minimal and easy to pick up! Not to mention much less windy than they used to be.:lol:
  5. madmare

madmare New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Greys can have sensitive tummys. Mine are both fed Burgess Supadog sensitive soaked, with some cooked meat added and it has done the trick for them and they look really good on it.
  6. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    Mine are on Fish4dogs at the moment but i am probably going to change back to Skinners Field and Trial salmon and rice or the duck and rice which is gluten free, salmon is £23 and duck is £19 from Vet UK with free delivery. I will supplement with some frozen salmon or sardines as the meat content is not as good as it could be but apart from that its very similar to Burns but for half the price.
  7. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    Or you can have a grey like mine who'll eat ANYTHING! Preferably something she's not meant to be having :roll:
  8. GandalfTheGrey

Name:
    Andy
    @greyhoundk

Fish4dogs has a protein content of 26%. I thought we had to keep it below 22% ??
  9. 2Greys

2Greys New Member

Name:
    G
    Congratulations on the new addition!

I used to feed mine on fish4dogs salmon till i had to economise with skinners FT salmon & rice, i fed less (approx 300g v 380g a day) so imagine the actual grams of protein consumed isn't that different. Anyway i found it made no difference to energy levels and gave him a lovely shiny soft coat. I don't think its as clear cut as just reading % on the bag and source of the protein (animal/plant) is important
  10. Hazyflight17

Hazyflight17 New Member

Name:
    ELE
    Firstly congratulations on your new addition ,greys are addictive. I always feed james wellbeloved and nature diet. This seemed to suit them all as one of my dogs suffered from bowel upsets and been fine on this .
  11. GandalfTheGrey

Name:
    Andy
    @ Hazyflight17.

Could you expand on the "Nature Diet", think it's me being thick, lol.
  12. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Naturediet is a brand of vacuum packed dog food made from meat, rice and vegetables as is Natures Harvest and Natures Menu.
  13. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    What she said :grin: not noticed any sudden hyper behaviour !
  14. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    Alll mine are on Arden Grange Adult lamb and rice with some Naturediet or Forthglade mixed in. Coats are lovely and output always firm and not excessive.
  15. GandalfTheGrey

Name:
    Andy
    @ smokeybear.

I want to put weight on both my Greys, would I feed just these or use in conjunction with dry mix? How many do year feed yours?

thanks

Andy
  16. Hazyflight17

Hazyflight17 New Member

Name:
    ELE
    :lol: :lol: Hi nature diet comes in both puppy sensitive and a range of flavours chicken lamb etc . It is made from natural ingrediants and is holostic, diet . it contains rice and vegatables and excellent value for money ithink. and one of the closest foods to a natural diet . pets at home are a good stockist of nature diet. if you type in nature diet on your web browser you should find all the questions on the product along with the answers my hazy suffers with colitis and since he was on this along with james wellbeloved there has been a dramatic improvement i been using this combination now for over six years on my dogs of varying breeds and they done very well .it looks and smells great and for a vegatarian that lol.