No one warned me about THAT nose! General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by dizzi, Jul 27, 2011.

1. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon

No one warned me about THAT nose!

It's like an omni-present weapon of mass destruction! Whereever I want to be... there's a hound nose there first, whatever cupboard I open... is already being inspected by a hound nose... is it extendable like Pinocchio's or something!?! I swear the nose can get into things without the hound even leaving her bed!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Ha ha, sorry, must've forgotten to mention that! We don't have anything left in the house that hasn't got an Axel nose-splodge on it! It's like he can't sniff from a distance and has to touch EVERYTHING! Within 2 minutes of my husband getting a new phone and taking off the protective film...it has 2 nostril prints! Get used to it, I'm afraid a hound nose will be everywhere :D :D
  4. monkeydonkey

monkeydonkey New Member

Name:
    Lucy
    Hound noses are just the best! Our Whippet prods us all with his nose when he wants something! The greyhounds are not as bad as he is!:lol:
  5. spockky boy

spockky boy New Member

Name:
    qwerty
    hahaha! Yup they like to be everywhere and in everything! :lol:
  6. tink

tink New Member

Name:
    Natasha
    Sounds just like My Bea :) :) :) I have learnt the skill of opening & closing cupboards and doors with lightning speed and memorising exactly whereabouts what i want is before the 'nose' gets there first :) :)
  7. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Pharaoh can twist his nose sideways and turn it round corners! ... I thought nothing could outdo a lurcher nose... then I got a Huskamutt :)
  8. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Oh yes!! Guinness's nose defies science!!!:mrgreen:
  9. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    Went out this morning in my dressing gown to do a 6am poo (the dogs, not me obviously - I don't poo in the garden), bent over to pick it up and let's just say the nose was trying to head into places only my husband and gynae see!
  10. 2Greys

2Greys New Member

Name:
    G
  11. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Hahaha Cassie is the same, though sometime her fear of lucher killing objects holds her back. You never know when the deadly killer plastic bag could strike!

Doesnt stop her from being a thief though, just this morning she snaffled Raina's food before i could blink. I was only making a cuppa!
  12. spot

spot New Member

Oops yep something us hound owners often forget to mention :p

I swear I have never seen anything like Amy's nose it twists it turns it goes up and down and peers round corners before she turns up!

Oh I know that rather surprising moment!
  13. spot

spot New Member

Aint that the truth! Only yesterday Ness (aka Amy) managed to get over her fear of the mass murdering plastic bags to snaffle a pack of dried chicken noodle things:roll: Oh and no I didnt buy them for some reason my neighbour gave them us = they were moving out (the neighbours not the noodles although then again) - go figure
  14. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I think the worse thing Cassie stole was one christmas there was an unopened tin of roses on the table. Now roses tins are near impossible fo me to get into once opened but she somehow managed to break into them. She was unattended while i was in the little girls room, cam down and she had eaten half the tin. Just about to phone the vets when she threw them all back up again most of which were still in there wrappers!
  15. spot

spot New Member

oh nice one Cassie!:lol: Amy is a little sod for stealing (although she calls it collecting) stuff not just food shes nicked the dustpan and brush more times than I can remember, yesterday she wandered off with some coir (sp) pots from the garden shed, tea towels are a thing devine,:shock:
  16. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    I've just caught Nancy lying on the dog bed quite gently licking her newest acquisition... the sky remote.
  17. Northernsoulgirl

Northernsoulgirl New Member

Name:
    Gill
    Actually I think GSD noses are pretty awesome too.
    If they want your attention it's thrust under your armpit -into your cuppa - between your legs - moves grapes around at an incredible rate, I could go on................Jake has a longer one that Ailsa but hers is quality over quantity. I love 'em.......:lol:
  18. mistygrey

mistygrey New Member

Name:
    Jen
    Nice to know it's not just our hound!! Whenever we open the dishwasher there is often a little whippet nose trying to sneak in to lick the plates!
  19. Deb/Pugglepup

Deb/Pugglepup New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    My x Beagle nose is AMAZING!!!! She never lifts her head when out walking. In the house..... nose down & Food !!!
  20. juleze

juleze New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I can't help practically ROTFLMBO, despite being in the office.
  21. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    He he he! Yup greyhound noses are into EVERYTHING! :grin:
    Every carrier bag must be thoroughly inspected, every cupboard checked and every god help us if the bin cupboard door is left open :shock: :blush: