What am I?! Guess before the DNA results are in! ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by texasdogwalker, Mar 19, 2011.

1. HollyG1

HollyG1 New Member

Name:
    Holly
    GSD i'm almost certain about
    Possibly mastiff or BC for the other part

how much did it cost to get the test done? I'd love to get my dog done to see what she has
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Aussie Shepherd cross. Don't hold your breath for the wisdom panel to shed any light on the subject. Mine told me my dog was a beagle mix. Hardly!
  4. Anjulian

Anjulian New Member

Name:
    Julie
    My best guess is - BC x golden ret. x border terrier x sheltie. and when the results come back, I expect we will all be way off.
    Ps guys. How do i stop it from putting up the whole of the previous post ?
  5. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    Just delete the bits you don't want after you have moved it into your post with the 'quote' button. I must admit I haven't sussed out multiple quotes yet but I'm sure someone can enlighten us?
  6. texasdogwalker

texasdogwalker New Member

Name:
    Susie
    The wisdom panel I got off of their website for $59 after a $10 coupon (INSIGHTS10). The BioPet I got for $20 off of eBay.
  7. texasdogwalker

Name:
    Susie
    UPDATE

Just got the Wisdom Panel results... VERY INTERESTING.

"Catahoula Leopard Dog Mix crossed with Rottweiler / Chinook Cross"

I wonder what the BioPet results will say since they don't test for the chinook or the catahoula leopard dog.

What do you guys think?!
  8. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Cat is interesting.... not sure about the Rottie BUT the dogs seem to be Sable merles soooooo there has to have been a sable-coloured dog in there somewhere close, as it's not a gene that's carried hidden. Sable, as in agouti gene Ay that is fawn with black mask as seen in Ridgies, Malinois/Tervurens, GSDs amongst others.
  9. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    I could see Catahoula, but where is that coat coming from. And how do you have a Chinook cross in Texas? They are quite rare and you wouldn't find one just roaming the streets!
  10. texasdogwalker

Name:
    Susie
    The results only account for 75% of the pup. They say that one parent is the rottweiler/chinook cross and the other parent is an unknown/leopard dog cross.

The leopard dog part makes perfect sense, check out the pups "freckled" nose and merle coat. The chinook makes sense too if you take into consideration the pups liter-mate from the first post. I suppose the rottweiler explains some of the coat coloring. The only thing not covered is the pups coat length, but that could be the missing 25%. Also I read that some of the breeds listed can sometimes have longer coats.

My pup is now 13+ weeks and weight 18 pounds, growing fast. He's a playful and generally well-behaved puppy that loves all other animals and people. He actually plays with my ferrets.

Also, I'm not quite sure from where in the states my pup came from, could be anywhere.

Now I'm tempted to do the blood test that checks for 225 breeds.
  11. MTBG

MTBG New Member

Name:
    MTBG
    BC x Shepherd x something I can't quite put my finger on.
  12. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Bearing in mind that pups from the same litter can have different fathers, I don't often put much stock in what the other pups look like, as there could be completely separate DNA at play. I still think Chinook is highly improbable.