Greyhounds to be sent to China! Controversial

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by spot, Mar 2, 2011.

1. galty

galty New Member

Spot

As I wont pay Murdoch a penny any chance of publishing the ST article.

Have noticed on an Anti Greyhound site it is being questioned.

Any way will be at the Irish Embassy for the Demo next Saturday might meet you there.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. spot

spot New Member

Its been published on the pro greyhound board as you probably know:roll:

I notice on there the vast majority of owners (pretty much one person on her own disagreeing with the idea in a lengthy debate) are very for the idea and see nothing wrong with the fact that there is no animal welfare laws in China or any way it could policed. Many of the those invovled in the industry think its fine for their dogs to be flogged off to other countries including China and Spain so long as the money is right and say its fine if they end up in the food chain however they are slaughtered! In fact they see is as something to joke about (do they make good burgers being one comment)

Might well see you there but cant help but wonder just which side of the fence you will be on?
  4. spot

spot New Member

Thank you lets hope more do. x
  5. galty

galty New Member

If your refering to Smiths site I deregistered over 2 years ago and as its a closed site no idea whats said on it.

Only pro site I visit is Flappers.
  6. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Ditto....

So incredibly sad..... :cry:
  7. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    i have signed it
  8. Jodie

Jodie New Member

Name:
    Jodie
    Please hlep these dogs

If you haven’t already heard - the Irish Greyhound Board are proposing to export greyhounds and set up a greyhound racing industry China. This - in a country where there are no animal welfare laws - where dogs are killed for their fur and dog meat is considered a delicacy.:-(
    http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Greytexploitations/Private/Irishsundaytimes.jpg

A petition has been created and will be delivered to the Irish Government in Dublin and the Irish Embassy in London calling for the withdrawal of these dreadful proposals.

Please...please can you spare just one minute to sign the petition. You dont have to declare your name but your signature will obviously strengthen the message to the Irish Government.
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/3/say-no-to-greyhound-exports-to-china/

Heartfelt thanks in anticipation for your support for the greyhounds.
    :smile:
  9. spot

spot New Member

Please sign
  10. spot

spot New Member

So tell us where do you stand
  11. galty

galty New Member

Jodie.

Thanks for the link.

Amanda`s(scotland) is holding a protest on 2 April out side the Irish Consult and also one in London on the 9 of April.

I think even one person turning up is worth 1000 sig on a petition
  12. lolly2012

lolly2012 New Member

Name:
    lolly

I have signed and I have posted on my facebook I hate facebook but it does have its uses at times to get things like this noticed and can help to gain more petition signatures I use it for that all the time.

thanks for posting the link x
  13. Gizmoli626

Gizmoli626 New Member

Name:
    Sharky
    I lived there for nearly 3 years, we need to stop this!! We need to get pretty much all animals out of there!!!
  14. Westie_N

Westie_N New Member

Name:
    Nicola
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Signed and shared elsewhere. :cry:
  15. galty

galty New Member

Hope you can go to this then as its in Scotland

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2011
  16. galty

galty New Member

Carole

Thank you
  17. spot

spot New Member

Thanks to all who have signed

Galty we will turn you into a tree hugger yet you know ;-)

Thanks
  18. galty

galty New Member

You wont you know, I never sign petations waste of time

Amanda states she was pleased with the turn out.

Will be going to the London one on the 9th
  19. trevorfrie13

trevorfrie13 New Member

Name:
    Trevor
    We must improve the image of greyhound racing if the sport I love is to continue. I think that without the sport the greyhound would change in a decade and the athletes we know would become different dogs. I live in England but do recognize the breeding skills of the Irish. They must not export to China. China will become the leading nation in the world in 50 years but it must improve its treatment of animals. Do not let the Irish send their greyhounds there until it does or else we will have more horror stories.
  20. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Just had an email from one of the greyhound groups,the CEO of the Irish Greyhound Board was in Government offices in Dublin today lobbying for this obscene proposal to go ahead.Money money money...
  21. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Yesterday nearly 500 dogs on their way to a meat market were saved when an animal rights group member spotted them crammed into truck on the outskirts of Beijing.He swerved his car in front of the truck forcing it to stop.There was then a 15 hour standoff.The authorities could do nothing for the dogs despite the conditions in the truck as there are no laws in China to protect animals.
    The situation was finally resolved when the animal rights group paid the driver $10000 for the animals.
    They were transported to a vet clinic where most of the adults were found to have parvo virus and distemper and others just too weak to stand from starvation and dehydration.Only the puppies were healthy.
    There is growing opposition to the meat trade in domestic animals from middle class Chinese who claim that many of the animals are stolen pets.

And this is where Bord na Gon want to send our greyhounds...
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011