The Dog Whisperer's Dog (what is a Pit Bull ? ). Questions

Discussion in 'American Pit Bull Terrier' started by JRWH, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Sosha

Sosha New Member

Name:
    Sosha

They do have lots (and lots) of Staffie crosses and I'm guessing a Battersea rehome would be a safe way of arguing your dog was not a pitbull should the need ever arise.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    that's what i meant

they assess dogs these dogs to see if they fit the legal criteria of 'type'.
    those that do are not allowed by lawq to be rehomed and are put to sleep
    therfore they would advertise a staffie x for rehoming, but never advertise an irish staffie for rehoming, as everyone knows that is a common psydeuonym employed by dodgy pit bill type breeders.

the OP cannot obtain a pit bull or pit bull type legally in the UK.
    advising him to go down the 'irish staffie' route would most likely result in him entering the same legal dilemma.
  4. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    hey guys,iv got 2 male pit bulls.pure RAZORS EDGE KENNAL out of new york......2 dogos also..im no expert but everythinsg SARA N SCOUT posted is factuall...am staff is primarily a nice way to tell someone you have a pit...they are two diff breeds al to gether....20 years ago you could tell them apart ...now that there are many blood lines crossed its hard to tell...you will hear some call them the some ...not i. usually the am staff is a smaller in hight . and in the show ring you will get away with calling your pit a am staff.iv owened pits all my life ,and highly recomend them as a pet for your kids.....bring your a game !!!!!
  5. AshMan

AshMan New Member

Name:
    AshMan
    Im not really a fan of razors edge bully dogs. They dont really conform to what a good APBT should look like. Waaay too big.
  6. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    thats what an original pit looks like ,bone mass ,and body structue.We are use to seeing new lines,smaller interbread with am staff.respectfully.look up old picks of pits, you will see lots of shapes,but the big ones were more common,mass and structure.R/E.also has lots of shapes,and sizes.all you see is the eye candy of the web!.one of mine looks nothing like the, big ones.but still razor.they would not show you one with normal ears .all cropped for the mighty dollar.respectfully
  7. AshMan

AshMan New Member

Name:
    AshMan
    Let me preface by saying I am no expert but have done a bit of reading

The original American pitbull terrier was a medium dog strong athletic with good stamina fit for purpose. Not the big gotti/re dogs that look to have been crossed to mastiffs and the like. As for the more athletic types to have been crossed with amstaffs I think you have been mistaken somewhere.