"Impossible" cross-breeds?!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Kerryowner, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie

"Impossible" cross-breeds?!!

Anyone know of any ridiculous or unlikely crosses of breeds? I was reading the November "Dogs Monthly" magazine and one article was written by someone who had 2 Pomeranion x Siberian Huskies!! Seems very unlikely to me unless they were very large Poms or very small Huskies!!

I have seen GSD x Lhasas at our grooming parlour which were gorgeous but I would never have guessed the breeds.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Boxer cross chinese crested ...They looked like mutants ,,,
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
  4. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I'm going for unusual as apposed to impossible, as knowing what people can be like, any mix isn't going to go untried.

Chihuahua x irish wolfhound or great dane.
    Bulldog (english) x alaskan malamute.
    Australian cattle dog x st burnard.
    Manchester terrier x poodle.
    Kerry blue terrier x dalmatian.
    Chinese crested x czech wolfdog.
    Lab x tibetan mastiff.
    Sharpei x deerhound.

Got no idea how many of those have been tried yet, but can you imagine what they could look like, and the temperamental trates that they could end up with.

Pitbull x wolf is one I've read about, don't know if it is true though.
  5. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    someone is selling shar pei crossed with basset hound ...calling them ba shar's...
  6. mavis mary1

mavis mary1 New Member

Name:
    susan
    I have a border terrier crossed with a welsh springer ,she is small pretty wired haired and very leggy ,temprement wise she cant make her mind up loves to carry but also loves digging holes ,she very rarely barks not heard her for weeks now ,very quite dog .
  7. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    A lot of these crosses I`d take with a very large pinch of salt. Locally there`s a labrador x poodle that looks like a lurcher and another that looks like a wire-haired pointer. I very much doubt there`s poodle in either of them... and I`m not even sure about the Lab in the first one.
  8. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    A friend of a friend has a "Basstaff" a Bassett X Staffie.... :?
  9. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Agree with that :shock:

The size difference for a start that is supposed to have gone into some of these crosses:shock:
  10. fayeily

fayeily New Member

Name:
    Faye
    ooh i saw a litter of these for sale recently! They just looked like staffs but with ridiculously long ears! lol like someone had glued fake ones on :lol:
  11. ScoobyDo

ScoobyDo New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    I was in pets at home yesterday and saw the cutest little puppy, he was a cross between a Pomeranian and a Border Collie, eek the mind boggles but he was so cute :)
  12. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Once read a story in a newspaper about a Chi that knocked up a Great Dane! The resulting off spring looked like a Giant Chihuahua, seriously bloomin' ugly though! :shock:
  13. k9paw

k9paw New Member

Name:
    H
    A friend has a rescue dog and was told is a labrador x dachshund, looks just like a labrador when curled up asleep, but has very short legs, is lovely dog though :)
  14. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    I used to live next door to the oddest mix I've ever met - a really handsome collabraghan named Fred.

His dad was an Afghan Hound, and his mum was a BCxLab.

He looked like a black Afghan with a white tip to hs tail. His major talent was...................clearing tables!

Snorri
  15. fayeily

fayeily New Member

Name:
    Faye
    Christ! lol would love to see what the pups looked like.. maybe google can help...
    :grin:
  16. EgyptGal

EgyptGal New Member

Name:
    SHARON
    The name given to the foster jack russell x beagle i have is a jack-a-bee!:lol:She looks like a tan and white long legged long eared smooth coated Jack russell but behaves much more like a jrt than beagle.Another cross I fostered was meant to be a jrt x red setter she was small had a really long nose ,close together eyes and a beautiful copper coloured coat,mad as a hatter though!
  17. DevilDogz

DevilDogz Member

Name:
    DevilDogz
    Yep seen them, ugly little things..... also seen Shar pei cross HL crested, german shepard crossed HL crested and the worst saluki cross HL crested.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
  18. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    I've tried Google in the past, but I've never been able to find any pics! :lol: Basically the pup (there was only one), was about the size of a Lab, with the coat of a red Staffy and the head of what looked like a Giant Chi! Very bizarre tbh.
  19. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I have a BC x JRT also known as a Borderjack and a Spinger x Lab also known as a Springador, we also have another cross but dont know what he is
  20. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Oh-unusual crosses here! Think the Chi x Great dane sounds the most bizzarre!

We met a small cross-breed yesterday and I impressed the owner by asking him if it was a Vallhund as he said nobody had guessed that correctly before (showoff!). It was crossed with a Border terrier which I would think was a very unusual cross but I could have guessed that as it had the coat of a border terrier and the otter face but the shape and bob-tail of a Vallhund.
  21. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    More likely to be a basset cross - unless the dax had stilts.