Staff Cross pup, but crossed with what ?? Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by lewis17, Aug 30, 2010.

1. annamcgrath

annamcgrath New Member

Name:
    Anna
    Hi everyone,

We recently got a dog and her name is Jet. She is a 2 yr old Staff x (not sure whats shes crossed with, perhaps you can help?) she is very clever and engergetic and in need of some training as she gets very excited in new situations and whines alot... :-o We love her though and its great having her around.
    Am glad I found this sight and its reassuring to see so many other dog owners who dont know what their dog is crossed with! :lol:
    I will post a picture of her and perhaps you can tell me your thoughts on what she might be crossed with (you will see she has thrown more to the staff side)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I agree that he possibly has Boxer in him. We regularly meet a BoxerxStaff and she is absolutely gorgeous and beautifully trained too.

My boy is clearly a Staff X and I'm unsure of what the other half is! But he is the size of an adult Staff at just 5 months and we met a 7 month Staff pup last night who was tiny compared to him! Alfie was a rescue and so I have no way of knowing what his parentage was.

I agree to that mouthing and biting isn't acceptable for any puppy/dog. They do tend to go through a stage of trying it on and you need to be firm with your boundaries. If he's getting bolshy then some basic training can help with setting limits and focusing him on looking to you for guidance.

Oh and I must say that he's gorgeous! :007: :007: :007:
  4. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    Definately Boxer x Staffie - looks spitting image of my friends Boxer x Staffie and also of one in the rescue pages.
  5. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Sorry,laughing so hard can hardly type.Seen dozens just like him and please don't freak out.He's a pitbull lurcher cross.They are fabulous dogs.They are bred to poach deer.There's a 'famous' breeder of this cross not too many miles north of you.
    DON'T advertise what he is though,laws on pits being what they are...
  6. foxychic

foxychic New Member

Name:
    amanda
    I also have to agre a boxer .
  7. foxychic

foxychic New Member

Name:
    amanda
    But after reading the pit bull lercher coment reminded me of my friends dog who was staff cross pitbull and looked just like your dog but i can see the lercher deffinetally .
  8. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
    Gorgeous colour!

I would make a wild guess and say Rhodesian Ridgeback!
  9. mcv

mcv New Member

Name:
    claire
    my instant thought was boxer.
    absolutely gorgeous, showed pic to my hubbie, have you ever seen a grown man literally melt??;-)
    claire
  10. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    The best thing about guessing parentage is that you can seldom be proved wrong!It's fun too.I can see the ridgeback possibility too now that its mentioned though I'd never have thought of it.
  11. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    But there is no way of knowing what he definitely is mixed with so its not really a 'he's a'... more of a 'he may be...' I personally agree with the SBT x Boxer.