Does any1 know what cross breed my new puppy is? please ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by LITTLE CHOPPER, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Sarah88

Sarah88 New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Hmm... Well I'm no expert but I wouldn't have said either of those!! :lol: There's definately a lot of goldie/lab in him...

I'd take the results with a pinch of salt if I were you and just love him like he deserves! Can't wait to watch him as he grows! More piccies please! :D

Sarah
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    We recently had a picture on here of a GSD/Rottie cross posted up by KingBenny in the rescue section, I will go and find it and show you exactly what this cross looks like, which is nothing like your lad so I don't believe those DNA results either I'm afraid. I have had 8 shepherds and I can't see any of them in your dog even half your dog I'm afraid.

Here you go! This is a gsd/rottie X!
    http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=128361
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
  4. Josilou

Josilou New Member

Name:
    Josilou
    Originally Posted by LITTLE CHOPPER View Post
    Hi everyone we have recently got Choppers dna results back and they say he is level 2 (37-74%) German shepherd and level 3 (20-36%) Rottweiler.

So what do you all think now? do you think they are correct or what? because a lot of people say they think hes golden retriever or lab cross.

Also if he is just German Shepherd and Rottweiler mix would he have black markings somewhere on him, because he is just gold all over and has really wavy curly hair and tail.

I'd say then, based on what you've said about the results, that he's maybe 37% GSD, 20% Rotweiler, and 43% Goldie lol.

To me, I'd have said he was half Golden retriever or Yellow lab and half something like a husky because of the shape of his eyes
  5. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Those breed tests are a scam. He's obviously got Goldie/lab in him primary!
  6. LITTLE CHOPPER

LITTLE CHOPPER New Member

Name:
    jono
    yeah we know that now just wish we did before we paid lol, any way we do think hes golden retriever husky thats what every1 says now hes got a bit bigger any way.