Question for Staffy Owners, noises? Questions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by Nel_JC, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Nel_JC

Nel_JC New Member

Name:
    Neloufar

Question for Staffy Owners, noises?

Hello,

I have a question regarding my staffy, Jock.

My staffy makes these sounds when I come home from work or when I have been out for a while or when I see him first thing in the morning.

Describing these sounds in words is difficult, but basically it sounds as if he is impatient for me to get to him, out of excitement. He doesnt make these sounds for a long time (usually a few seconds), and it doesnt happen all the time or often enough to warranty concern.

His body when he makes these sounds are either in a relaxed standing position with his ears pinned back or in a play bow position. Is it a kind of greeting from him as if to say 'Hello mummy, you are home, I missed you!!'

I would like to know from other staffy owners if their staffys make these cute sounds?

Best,
    Nel
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. T0xic

T0xic New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    My dog makes a really excited funny type howling sound everytime you've been out of his sight for a period of time.. wether it's that I've been in lectuers all day and come home or that I've been upstairs for 10 minutes and I've come back down. I'd really love to get the noise he makes on a video/audio recording it's lovely.. and it always suprises me even though he does it so much!

Robyn xx
  4. AshMan

AshMan New Member

Name:
    AshMan
    Sounds like "is it time to play now?"
  5. Moli

Moli New Member

Name:
    pat
    My 2 dogs it, I call it yodelling!:lol:
  6. hades

hades New Member

Name:
    lexus
    Happy to see his mum noise thats what its called!!!!!!:lol: :grin:
  7. alexandra

alexandra New Member

Name:
    Alex
    oh god china does it all the time....we nickname her Marge (from simpsons) due to the grunts she makes! its soo cute!
  8. chelseyfj

chelseyfj New Member

Name:
    chelsey
    mine is ever so quiet but every now and then when she ever so excited she makes the noise you are describing :) staffys tend to make funny noises i think.
  9. andy65uk

andy65uk New Member

Name:
    Andy
    both mine do the same
    :lol:
  10. x_mazzie_x

x_mazzie_x New Member

Name:
    Maz
    Molly does it, she howls whenever i walk in the room, her tail goes mad!!!
    She also snores the house down lol.
    Staffies do make the oddest of noises.
  11. speedysam

speedysam New Member

Name:
    Sam
    mine makes some quite intresting noises to say the least espiscially the thank god dads home its walk time lol
  12. Bombi

Bombi New Member

Name:
    Bombi
    oh yes, mine snores, grunts, makes yodelliing noises, and sniffles and snuffles, sometimes even just makes noises to make me realise that she's still there, JUST in case I may have forgotten. This is the one thing I love about Staffies they just oooze personality and almost hold a conversation with you, they are HIGHLY intelligent and learn very quickly, I try and teach mine new things all the time whilst keeping her motivated with stuff she has learnt in the past and as long as there is something to eat (her best thing in life is food) she will do anything.
  13. ATD

ATD New Member

Name:
    Anne-Theresa
    i have heard staffs that sound like a little pig when they get excited, bandit not quiet got there yet lol
    ATD x
  14. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Alfie is a 'talker' too. He will chat away usually with a very loud yawn in there too! :lol:
  15. kirsty1978

kirsty1978 New Member

Name:
    kirsty
    roise is the same, but my favorite noise is the high pitched yap she makes when she has chased a squirrel up a tree lol
  16. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    you should hear my guy outside while at play with his mate ...2 dogos and another pit pup,,,,,he sounds demonic!!!!and its all you hear ,,,sounds like hes killing a pig or something....i wonder what the neighbours think!!!very vocal and comicall
  17. alec steele

alec steele New Member

Name:
    alec (budeck)
    have to agree ,Barney turns round to face me in the hall when we come in from a walk and gives me a couple of wee howls. I say he is thanking me for the lovely walk he's just had.lol.
  18. HollyG1

HollyG1 New Member

Name:
    Holly
    My dog yodels but i think that it's restricted to Basenji's. I have heard dogs making similar noises though.
    With Basenji's it is out of excitement - my dog does it when we get home after work/college
  19. Gresh

Gresh New Member

Name:
    Gresh
    My old Staff, Bailey, used to do a low growl when anyone came to the door, she was saying hello, but it had the added bonus that strangers weren't sure if she was being protective or not. We used to tell people she was talking to them, it was never done out of aggression.
  20. Zuluandnaomi

Zuluandnaomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Haha cute, its normal staffy chatter. They can be really noisy little dogs and come out with all sorts of weird sounds. Our nickname for Zulu is truffle pig because he's always snorting and grunting and sounds like he's digging around in the dirt like a pig!
  21. budster

budster New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    I have two staffie males and they both make the noise its called staffie chatter lol