How to lean my blue staffy puppy up Controversial

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by blueyblue, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blueyblue

blueyblue

Name:
    blakey

How to lean my blue staffy puppy up

hi can any 1 help on how to start leanin my blue staffy puppy up i just weighed him he is 11 weeks old and he weighs 2st dead on

thanks
    blake:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Hi

What do you mean by "leanin him up"?
  4. JJB88

JJB88 New Member

Name:
    Jan
    Why do you want him lean?

Dogs will put on muscle mass natural with exercise and a
    good diet.

I have had my staff pup 3 weeks and she has already started to slim down and tone up naturally with play, walks and her diet. Her neck and back legs have toned up so much.

The best diet for this is the BARF (Biologically Appropriate Raw Food). Forget kibble. Dogs are designed to eat raw meat not cooked dry buiscuts!! Imagin a carcass it contains mostly meat, bones and a little bit of mashed up veg (stomach content). The aim is to replicate the dogs natural menu. For example our staff gets a little bit of beef chunks, a chicken wing, a little bit of heart and a teaspoon of blended veg. She was fed kibble before and was bloated, over weight, dry peeling skin and had the squits. She is now leaner, perfect weight, glowing coat and he stools are firm. I order mine in bulk from this place.

http://prizechoice.co.uk/

Hope this was what you were looking for!
  5. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    He's a baby!!! Let him be one..
  6. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
    2 stone :shock: that cant be right surely for 11wks:shock: :shock:
  7. JJB88

JJB88 New Member

Name:
    Jan
    Its not! My staff pup is 14 weeks and she weights 8.5 pounds thats not even 1 st!!! Shes quite stocky too!
  8. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    if its 2 stone, its not a staffie....

its something compleatly diff,

you have been ripped off mate,
  9. meanvixen

meanvixen New Member

Name:
    donna
    sounds like its extremely overweight, my bullmastiff pup was 2 stone at 11 weeks and i thought she was a bit over weight but they do slim down themselves with exercise and the proper amount of food
  10. Labman

Labman New Member

Name:
    Ted
    You need to go by its ribs. You should be feeding a puppy chow now. Switching to an adult chow for the larger breeds at 4 months, slows growth and helps develop sturdier joints.

Your dog definitely should be narrower at the waist than the hips and chest. You should be able to easily feel the ribs, but not see them. Each dog is different. Standard recommendations are a good place to start, but each dog must have its food and exercise adjusted to its individual needs.

Your are right that puppies should be lean and if he is overweight, you need to thin him out. It is disappointing that anybody would suggest puppies should be allowed to be overweight. Plump puppies may be cute, but lean ones are healthier. I have sometimes gotten puppies that were on the heavy side. I didn't try to reduce their weight, but to control their weight gain so the fat became muscle and bone. (Mostly leg it seems.) I stuck to 1/2 cup of food each of 3 times a day until I could easily feel their ribs. I though I had done a good job on Holly, but when the professional field trainer saw her at 11 weeks, she beat me up for her lack of a belly tuck up. Here is an excerpt from the newsletter of the service dog school Holly belonged to.

''Obesity is the number one nutritional disease affecting dogs. It's estimated that 25-45% of dogs in the US are obese. Studies have shown that joint and locomotive problems increase by 57%, circulatory problems by 74%, respiratory problems by 52%, skin problems by 40% and cancer by 50% in animals that are overweight.

Large breed dogs that are overweight also are more prone to developing hip dysplasia. Obesity is especially dangerous for young puppies, as their underdeveloped frame cannot support the extra poundage that it must carry.''
  11. Kanikula

Kanikula New Member

Name:
    Sam
    Who has said it should be allowed to be overweight?:roll:
  12. annmarie

annmarie New Member

Name:
    annmarie
    can we see pics of this puppy please x
  13. blueyblue

blueyblue

Name:
    blakey
    hi thanks for evry 1s comment but ive jus found out he is half pitbull but is mum and dad r really big ripped but yea he looks really healthy coat very shiney he jus tall for is age johnsons breed am told
  14. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    Johnsons breed AM bulls do they not? or are they into pit x breeds as well now?

hope your following the leagal requirements for the pits,

why did they sell you a dog as a staffy and then tell you its a x breed?

ripped is a term normaly used in body building, I fear you have bought your dogs from shady people

what do you plan on doing with it.
  15. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi :grin:
    handsome pup!! but imo you can see by your avatar(if thats him)that he is not a pure sbt.either way he does sound a tad to heavy whatever,i would just reduce the size of his meals then re evaluate,you should be able to feel his ribs and spine without too much prodding ;-) :mrgreen:
  16. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    did you just change your avatar pic? :? :? or am i going mad???.....people who know me ,please dont answer that :blush: :blush: :mrgreen:
  17. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    your not going mad " today" :lol:

I wonder what john johnson will say if he sees his name being flung around with the pit bull x thing :shock:
  18. JJB88

JJB88 New Member

Name:
    Jan
    Nothing wrong with pit bulls, they are one of the most loyal breeds. Its always the owner NOT the dog. In fact studies show labradors bite the most not pits, or staff or rotties or any other 'dangerous' breed. Sorry rant over lol
  19. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi :grin:

no rant needed ;-) ;-)

he was under the impression (or so i thought) that he had bought an sbt not a cross breed/another breed thats all ;-) :mrgreen:
  20. JJB88

JJB88 New Member

Name:
    Jan
    lol oh ok. I get get little feisty sometimes! :grin:
  21. tinkladyv

tinkladyv New Member

Name:
    Gem
    I would go to your vets and get him weighed properly :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.