Boxers, Boxers Everywhere General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by scorpio, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Beanz

Beanz New Member

Name:
    Patsy
    I guess we have been lucky then as any we grew up with and my Uncles Boxers are all super friendly

Unfortunately with a breed as popular as the Boxer you get good and bad breeders, the latter only in it for the money and they dont care the temperment or health of the dogs they use for breeding.

As for pups in rescues, yes sometimes pups do come into rescue. Ask at the nearest Boxer Rescue near to you.

Sadly now Christmas is over + the novelty worn off, there will be puppies bought as gifts who will be looking rehomed, not just Boxers. No self respecting breeder will breed for the Christmas trade and even if they do have a litter ready a good breeder will not let his or her pups go until into the New Year.

Link below for UK Boxer Rescues

http://www.dogclub.co.uk/dogs/profile-boxe.php
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Lottie is 4 years old, her niece is just over a year old, I don't know how old the two boys were with the man and woman but I would say they were mature adults, definately not youngsters, and then we met the two pups who were very young. :grin:
  4. BWS

BWS New Member

sadly there have been more boxers reg with the kc than any other breed in scotland last year and again so sad more and more in rescue there is not a day goes by at the moment that we are contacted to take another ,last year was the hardest year for us we had 27 in one week last year and so far this year its been just awful ,they are a fantastic breed I just wish people would look into what they are taking on they never grow up and are fun all their days but some people dont know this and its not what they want yes like all breeds you get good and bad but I must say in the 30 years I have had boxers most are very friendly indeed .
  5. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    Such said news, we are so lucky with the English Setters, there is always a waiting list on rescue for them, and when they do come up for rehoming there are good homes waiting for them.
  6. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    We have tons of boxers in Cardiff ttoo, including next door, although Staffies are def the most popular though