Working line GSD breeders Working Dogs

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Moobli, May 17, 2009.

1. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Does anyone know much about Latchets GSDs? They have been recommended as definitely worth a look.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I have just been told that Ashley (the dog in the link) has a litter at the moment! If only I had room/time for a pup now!

I must be sensible, I must be sensible, I must be sensible. ... :-D
  4. Lupus

Lupus New Member

Name:
    emily
    oh don't, that and two other litters have caught my eye at the moment but i know i musn't get another right now..there's a litter on the ground 5 weeks old by incubus GSD's by my girls sergio dam tyguard britta, look a lovely litter and should work really well, i will be keeping my eye on these litters as they look lovely :)
  5. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    Do you know who the sire is. If I didn't have Belle, I would be really excited about a litter from Ashley (she is my fav Nyrvana dog) - I think I will be repeating the same as you - I must be sensible, I must be sensible, I must be sensible . . .
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    It is soooo hard not to be tempted isn't it? :lol:

I don't know the sire but could find out Skilaki :grin: Could you be tempted ;-)
  7. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    Are you being tempted, Moobli? I would be if I was on my own, but if I get another dog, I will be on my own lol.

Hubby or puppy hmmmm . . .
  8. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    :lol: :lol: :lol: I am sure I could twist my hubby's arm if I really, really wanted another pup and, as tempted as I am by an Ashley pup, I want to pour all my energies into the large puppy (Yogi) I have at the moment.

MNJ did say that Ashley may have one more litter next year, but she also has a son and daughter herself, so the line will continue either way :)
  9. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay

Missed this, what do you want to know about Jill's dogs ?

She bought a German Import-Dux Von Burg Esch from Sylvia Harrison when Sylvia went out of showing dogs. He was selected for importation by Gunter Pfeffer(Von Den Salzbergen)for Sylvia & he's behind a lot of very good working civilian dogs & police dogs. He was bred & trained by a German policeman(not a dog handler) & was a really super dog both in character/temperament/looks-he was an all black
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Dyane. I mentioned that I was researching workline shepherds as I may look into getting one in the future, when I have a bit more time, and Latchets were recommended to me by a police dog instructor. Lancs have apparently have one of her bitches and they are very impressed with her. I was also told she used to supply some very good dogs (inc 2 national champs) to Avon & Somerset when she lived down that way. Does she have a website? I have her contact details.
  11. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Neck is currently in Germany having just attained titles not sure when Lynn is brining him back, nice dog though.
  12. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Yes but shes extremely careful of dam and if not got good health tests or no health tests then they cant use him.
  13. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Moobli
    When the time is right be careful where you go and check hip/elbow results
  14. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Pam. Will do. It won't be for a good number of years anyway.
  15. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    She doesn't have a website as far as I know
  16. Magic

Magic New Member

Name:
    Magic
    That had been my concern there.....thanks for that info.
  17. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    And a bit of a brave experiment, too... no doubt there will be enquirers who say: Health Tests? Why bother! and go elsewhere but if it makes one wannabe breeder think twice it's probably worth the effort.
  18. basky

basky New Member

Name:
    kate