Working line GSD breeders Working Dogs

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Moobli, May 17, 2009.

1. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Working line GSD breeders

Are there many working line GSD breeders in this country?

I am not planning on getting another dog any time soon (and in all reality it could be years!), but I like to plan well ahead for the future and would eventually like to have a working line bitch, as well as a couple of longcoats ;-)

I particularly like the Nye bred dogs but would like to have a look around at other breeders too, so if anyone has any recommendations I would be grateful.

Having watched a few Leerburg dvds, I love their dogs - but certainly cannot afford to import one from the USA! :shock: :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    Hi Moobli,

I think you will find that there are many good workline breeders in the UK now, and many good lines too.

When I was considering a workline bitch pup (before Belle) I was impressed by some of the Nyrvana lines, as well as the Tyguard gsds. I think Vytensa and Woolshan gsds are also well regarded. Also Vongraf are nice. If I think of any others I'll let you know ;)
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I think they are stunning GSDs. Any pics most welcome I am sure xxxxxx
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks for the names Skilaki. I know MNJ (and her dogs) from Nyrvana. I visited the kennels a few years ago and was very impressed. Vytensa is the affix for the son of Stuart & Pauline Nye, so I am sure I would like his dogs :) Not sure I have seen the others ... so off to have a dig around.

6. Magic

Magic New Member

Name:
    Magic
    If you are particularly partial to the long coats - you can get the odd fluffy from the occasional working litter too.
  7. Lupus

Lupus New Member

Name:
    emily
    I don't know whereabouts you are based but there are a couple of lovely workingline german dogs that were imported near me, in fact my little girl has one of them as her daddy :)

they are sergio vom salztalblick and neck von den wolfen, my little girls daddy is sergio you can check them both out on the GSD pedigree database, and even though my little girl is half show half working, her drive is fantastic and i can't fault her temperament wise. The Nyrvana dogs also seem to be very good and i've seen the german and chechz dogs they have at stud..very nice :)

i know the two imported boys i know have sired a couple of litters up north, and from the way the litters are turning out i'm sure there will be some more in the future. I can't recommend anyone particularly as i'm still getting to know which breeder breeds what lines etc...but i'll be better versed in a few years no doubt :)
  8. Magic

Magic New Member

Name:
    Magic
    I see quite often that Sergio is offered for stud on pets4homes quite a lot.
  9. Lupus

Lupus New Member

Name:
    emily
    yes sergio's owner thought she'd try it for while to see what sort of people trawled those sites. Not all people go to breed clubs etc looking for pups or studs. A way to get the good dogs out there rather than people just getting the bad, also another way for people who don't know what they are looking for and to get some really good advice. I don't see anything wrong with freead sites as long as they are used correctly it reaches a part of the public that could be otherwise non the wiser. If people find one good breeder they'll know to look out for the bad ones.

what do you thinks better,leave people to be ignorant or open up their eyes?? i know which i'd prefer
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I do like the longcoats, but have recently been impressed by some really lovely dark sables (standard coat), so I would quite fancy one of each in the future :)

MNJ has some lovely working fluffies though, so if I change my mind I can always give her a call.
  11. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Lupus. I am in SE Scotland, but would be prepared to travel for the right pup. I will google the two dogs you mention.
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Pics please....................................xxxxxxx
  13. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I agree, pics would be great :grin: :grin: :grin:
  14. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Does anyone in working GSDs know whether there are any Leerburg line dogs in this country?
  15. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
  16. Lupus

Lupus New Member

Name:
    emily
    I don't personally know these people but i can say karthago is a fantastic line of german dogs :grin: i've browsed this site before, not bad, i didn't realise he had a karthago dog..i'm gonna look at bit closer now :lol:
  17. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
  18. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    I've seen Kobold vom Karthago working in the flesh and he was a big, powerful gsd. Also very drivey and attentive. Good dog that.
  19. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    Moobli I've never heard of Leerburg dogs here but note that one of his stud dogs has a Karthago parent.
  20. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I know MNJ personally but haven't yet met Ulf (MNJ's partner). Her site is www.nyrvana.co.uk and she has some fabbo dogs. Ashley is actually Margaret's.
  21. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    He came over at the same time (part of the same program) as Cox to MNJ's I believe? He looks a smasher. Would love to see him working.