Is your German Shepherd a one man (or woman!) dog? Discussions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Moobli, May 7, 2009.

1. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Fab photo Skilaki. Your two are soooo photogenic.

Thanks for your input :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    They are great dogs aren't they :)
  4. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni

If he starts to get jealous I tell him to do more stuff with her and she will like him more, and it soon shuts him up.

He does however like showing of the tricks I have taught her. Bless him :)
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks for your reply Helen. It sounds as though you have had a mixed bag - although almost all have chosen either you or Dave to give the main of their affection too :)
  6. melsgems

melsgems New Member

Name:
    Mel
    Merlin my first GSD was my dog, even after my first marriage broke down and he went to live with my parents,with me, he was alwys mine. He always knew when I was due home, would be waiting at the window to see my drive down the road. Mum always used to say he could tell the time :lol:

Zak is very much a 2 person dog and is happy to be walked,trained loved by either of us.

Zeita....well :roll: totally and 110% mine lol. She will not do anything for Ash, comes to me for cuddles, playtime etc etc. I walk her and if I go out of sight she squeels :blush: , even if Ash is with her. She waits outside the bathroom for me or waits downstairs behind the gate, she always gets up when I do.

I will have to scan some pics of Merlin as he was my special boy 1 in a million he was RIP big fella xx:-(

Photobucket not working so pics later
  7. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Mel. I would love to see some piccies of Merlin when PB is working again.
  8. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    yoda is anybodys for a treat and a fuss!!
    Sadie is mine, all mine!! she hates other people even holding her lead if im stood with her and if i walk away, well its ridiculous! She will let people stroke her but has no real desire to be fussed from anyone but me.
    Saying this though, my friend did handle her in an agility comp(after bribing and working her with me out of sight) and she did half the course before running out the ring and making a bline for the car where she thought i was!!

And today was the funniest, we were walking through the woods and she ran after a squirral, i called her and she blanked me so i ran into the undergrowth and hid, i then watched her frantically searching for me before i emerged..she didnt leave my side for the rest of the walk lol
  9. Harry21

Harry21 New Member

Name:
    Harry
    I am told by my family that Prince loves me most. He has spent the most time with me tho.
  10. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I hope so. We started agility a few weeks ago and as Ellie's training on a Friday night has bene shut down I decided she should do the agility on a Wednesday. They boys go to training on a Tuesday with me.

Oscar runs Ellie through the agility course. Of course I'm there in case anything goes wrong but my presence is pointless really. She focuses on Oscar and that's it.

The funny thing is that she follow him. And he's very good at pretending to be a dog so he goes over the see-saw, through the tunnels and over the jumps with Ellie copying him.

Before we had Zane, he wouldn't go anywhere near anythign with 4 feet or fur. Now he's involved with horses and I'm hoping, will be a great junior handler.

I@m also hoping when we have Sito come to live with us, Oscar will handle him too. he also works better for children than adults and with his pedigree and show history, i think I'll see him in the ring with Oscar before any of the others.

Laura xx
  11. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni

Oooh where is agility?
  12. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hi,

It's on a Wedneday at 7pm (although I'm usually a bit late) behind St. Giles Church in Sheldon.

Laura xx
  13. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni
    Is it in a hall, or out on fields being weather dependant?

Looking at doing agility with the noisy one...