German shepherds neutering Health

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by kcjack, Apr 17, 2009.

1. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia

German shepherds neutering

As some may know I adopted a 2 year old GSD last week, anyway decided she was being neatered today and also am fostering a Belgium Shepherd that I have had about 6 weeks.
    I have many dogs speyed daily and many here with me so know the protocol.
    These 2 arent half feeling sorry for themselves whimpers, crying the whole works never ever had girls whimper like these 2.
    Are shepherds wimps? :grin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. youngstevie

youngstevie

Well not really sure, but can say when my son had his two GSD bitches done....they were:roll: :roll: :roll:
  4. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Oh bless.......

Mya cried like a baby, and so did Roxy. It's not pleasant for them, so expect at least 24-48 hours of "moaning".

They'll soon be up and about and driving you nuts :D :D :D

[​IMG]
  5. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    errrm.......yes :blush:
    When my last girl was in the vet they used to phone me up to see if i could collect her early! I think it was the ear-piercing shrieks and sobs.
  6. basky

basky New Member

Name:
    kate
    lol mine cried whilst having a bath yesterday...they are all big babies :grin:
  7. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni
    GSD's are big wusses IMO. They look (and sound) much worse than they actually are!
  8. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    LOL thought so
  9. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Mine definitely are LOL!
  10. Warro

Warro New Member

Name:
    Paula
    Yep - Warro has to have his boosters with a cat needle, otherwise he makes a right racket!!! Big girls blouse :lol: :lol:

Sash is braver though, but that's cos she's a girl :lol:
  11. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    LOL - yes I think they are. Jas was the biggest wimp ever!!! It is more noticable when you compare them to Rotts as they have a high pain threshold!!:lol:
  12. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    lol yes....especially males in my experience...yoda cries like he is being murdered when you stand on his toe...without even puttin weight on it...its so embarassing when were in public!
  13. Cassius

Cassius New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Every GSD I've ever known has been a wimp (in my late grandad's terms - a big jessy!).

The boys are generally worse than the girls but I reckon that's standard. But being spayed isn't nice for the girls anyway so you can expect a lot more in the way of cries, whimpers, sobs, moans and groans for 2-3 days afterwards with any of the shepherd breeds, particularly GSDs.

I found in thre past also that one will feed off another. Once one starts, they all do and then trying to get ny peace at all is like pulling teeth - it's just not gonna happen.

Good luck!

Laura xx
  14. Magic

Magic New Member

Name:
    Magic
    I guess some are - some aren't.

Personally, I'm not quite so blase about these things - I'm more than certain that when a bitch is spayed it hurts, and some more than others! Have you ever had yourself abdominal surgery? Plus - it doesn't always go to plan as one would expect does it?

Sorry if my reply seems a little short, sometimes things can go wrong that we are not aware of, and it certainly can't be pleasant or something to jest about whatever way you look at it. JMO of course
  15. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I am not being blase just looking at it lighthearted, and see at least 2-4 speyed females weekly so understand how the op works.
  16. minifoxies

minifoxies New Member

Name:
    Mini Foxies
    German Shepherds the biggest sooks out.... to their owners!!
  17. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    A lot of my family have/have had GSDs and they have all been the same too, our Sadie (lurcher) has inherited that too bless her. She is laid back like the greyhound but very GSD type temp, loyal, protective, 'sensitive'. :mrgreen:

AM that made me laugh, Bear is the same, he barges about about and bashes himself past rocks and trees and all sorts and doesn't even seem to notice. :shock: Yet at the same time he doesn't like to go out for a pee in the rain and shivers in the cold. :roll:
  18. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
    My two are with me. We took Cox to the vets to get his microchip scanned, and it took us 20 mins to do it as he was afraid of the microchip reader and kept leaping away from it. We had to restrain him inbetween my legs to get it close to him, and he cried the whole time lol
  19. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Its funny I have so many ex breeders like cairns, cavs, westies, labs and you would neverthink they had anything done after 24 hours but Jazz and Misty you would think they on there last legs. Misty the Belgium worse she looking at me and very mopey.
  20. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    BSD are TOTAL Drama queens!!!!! Wot Variety KCjack?
  21. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    This is my big fierce german shepherd when she had a poorly tum. Bless. [​IMG]