A quick NI-BI question

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jem, Apr 5, 2009.

1. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Which bloodline or breeder is Raven from Sutty? I'd be interested to see his litter mates.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Krusewalker

Krusewalker

Name:
    kiwi
    you mean you want me to be abbreviated?
    i thought i was??? ;-)
  4. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Not recognised so can call them anything you want. You could start off a new type called 'Shila's' or 'Isis's' if you wanted too Jem. Shila's sounds quite a nice breed or type name :001:
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I would say so as the reg numbers run as if from the same litter, but there was a question with regards to one of the dates of birth of the 3 boys, same paper work sire dams ect, but 5 months difference in the dob, which obviously isn't possible...
  6. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    The only downsides of owning Shila's will be they hate going out in the rain and they have big ears as pups :lol: :lol:
  7. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    My god im making myself look dumb but eh? :blush:
  8. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

Most people dont like going out in the rain and they all have big ears as pups, i think your on a winner here. :lol:
  9. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    :lol: :lol:
    Na i think i'll pass on this one she's already booked in to be spayed x
  10. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Well maybe you should rethink that one Jem and i mean that quite seriously as its been said on this thread you just need a good stud to iron out any problems with your bitch.
    You hope to breed at some point down the line so why not with Shila?
  11. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Because I dont have the experience or Money to breed at the moment and Shila's my baby I couldn't so that to her,
    Plus she as bought as a pet x
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Hi Liz

I am curious ref soft ears. I believe this is an issue that also accurrs in GSDs also, infact I believe in the USA some actually , (correct me if I am wrong anyone?) take practical measures to ensure the ears of their GSD go up.
    I do not think it is something that can always be predicted eg if two dogs are bred together that have upright ears I am guessing it is safe to assume there is a very good chance the puppies ears will be upright.......if a dog with soft ears /or a soft ear is bred from then I guess there is a chance the puppies may take after that parent..?

Here is a link ref GSDs and taping the ears:
    http://leerburg.com/tapingears.htm
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2009
  13. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Well i must say WW i'd never heard of this before let alone seen photo's of it, thanks for the link.
    As for your question you'd have to ask Inki as she knows percentages in litters of normal and soft ears much better than me.
  14. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    You are welcome ref the link:grin:
  15. Lunakitty321

Lunakitty321 New Member

Name:
    Danielle
    every once in a while we will see pups at the dog park or at the training school with taped ears...the dogs don't seem to notice or care...it looks funny, but it must work or it wouldn't be common practice...
  16. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    It may work on a cosmetic level but the fact that people use unnatural methods to get their dogs bits (usually ears) to do what the breed standard requires of them rather than let nature take it's course is the reason why soft ears (and other incorrect conformational points) continue to proliferate (sp?).
    Until people stop mucking about with their puppies natural development (unless there is a medical reason) then you will never be able to breed away from the problem.
    Becky
  17. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Soft ears will happen in cross breeds though...there is a soft eared bitch on Inkas mothers side, think I was told her ear had been broken lol....Yip I believed that too !
  18. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Silverflow and Alska in scotland both produced puppies with soft ears...
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    but if it is about genes, then surely it is a case of not breeding from dogs that that have the undesirable characteristic?

However, when it comes to breeds like the Doberman and the Great Dane, we all know they naturally have floppy ears but in some parts of the world this is corrected using cosmetic surgery. So it isn't about breeding in such dogs.
  20. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    absolutely about genes but if people 'correct' problems such as soft ears they then 'forget' that the dog had a problem and go on to breed from it perpetuating it.
    With regards to ear cropping in Danes and Dobermanns and other breeds then that is not a 'correction' of an ear problem but a cosmetic procedure carried out solely for looks.
    Becky
  21. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Yes indeed, that is what I was saying, with the exception of forgetting 'problems', but yes I agree. Then you get people who breed from such dogs on purpose.....with no regard for whichever breed standard......or because they feel it is ok to take the risk.