Chocolate Dobermans General Chat

Discussion in 'Dobermann' started by Ramble, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble

Chocolate Dobermans

Wow.
    I met a 3 year old bitch yesterday...just beautiful. She tried so hard to get Cosmo to play!!! Just a delightful dog. I met another one a couple of weeks ago, a male...he was adorable too. Are they as mad as they appear to be? Is there a difference between the chocolate Dobes and the black ones?

They are lovely dogs.:mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Yeah the colour :lol: Of course they're gorgeous dogs thats why they tend to be owned in multiples. They're not mad all the time, they can be very sensible and quite serious dogs too ya know.
  4. Pidge

Pidge New Member

Name:
    Em
    They are absolutely gorgeous! I've always been a fan but am yet to meet one.

Gellygoo has Gelert. I keep asking for pictures but she's never had a chance. I must PM instructions. Hint, hint Gelly ;o)
  5. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Oi what about my two then:lol:
  6. Pidge

Pidge New Member

Name:
    Em
    They're minging!! ;o)

I didn't know you had choccies!! Post some pics right now young lady!
  7. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    I didn't know you'd met them :lol:
  8. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I shall have to take some new ones, as Rio is looking much slimmer these days as the diet has worked at last and miss lardybutt has her weight under control at long last.
  9. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    i met a dobermann at training the other night- i have to admit i thought it was a bad example of a weimaraner!! it was similar colour- but more mousy!!(horrid actually) the owner said the colour was calle 'isabella and brown!!' (it had the very slight tan marking on legs but not overlly obvious)
  10. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Isabella is a colour it's a kind of fawn, they also come in blue.
  11. Pidge

Pidge New Member

Name:
    Em
    Trouble, they are lovely!! Have they been spayed? The dobe I was with yesterday had a bit of a weight problem and the owner thought it was due to having been spayed.

LMAO, just said "how lovely" out loud when I looked at them. Hubby said "What's lovely?". Advised him was looking at some chocolate Dobermans, his reply was "Oooo, for Easter? Yum, although couldn't eat a whole one!!"

;o)
  12. Gellygoo

Gellygoo New Member

Name:
    Gillian or Gill whichever
    I will try Pidge, I promise. Do we have instructions for dummies here please??

Trouble, lovely lovely dobes. I grew up with black and tans around but since having Gels I have to admit I think I prefer the chocolate ones now. I just think that dobes are wonderful....I do love any dog but dobes are for me.
  13. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Yeah but I'm not convinced it was that tbh. I think she's a predisposed to being a lardybutt. The thing with Rio is she is such a high energy dare devil kind of a dog that she needs her rations. she was on half rations of her usual food for best part of a year and shifted no weight at all tbh. I wanted to avoid diet foods as most don't really list their ingredients, and that's what matters to me. So I started experimenting with different quality foods and the conclusion is Rio thrives on fish based foods, fish and rice or fish and potatoe, she's shifted the lard while maintaining her energy levels.
  14. Pidge

Pidge New Member

Name:
    Em
    I meant to reply to your PM with this, so hope it helps:

1. open up a photobucket account
    2. create a new album name
    3. click the upload button and choose the picture form your PC that you want to upload
    4. when it's done hover over the IMG box and copy the text
    5. open a new post in here and paste
    The picture should then open up. Give it a go annd let me know if I can help anymore ;o)

I've often wondered if the spaying/weight thing is a mythe. Sounds like you have it well under control then. Have to say there is nothing nicer than a lean, muscular dobe, they look fab!!
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Chocolate? Brown please!!!!!
  16. bugzy

bugzy New Member

Name:
    kelz
    Another photo of a Brown Dobermann for you.. This Is Poppy, My kai's Daughter, Luna's Sister, and totally spoilt by her owner :)

[​IMG]
  17. madisondobie

madisondobie New Member

Name:
    madisondobie
    The best dogs ever - im not biased at all :lol: :lol: :lol: but i do love the liver and tans.
  18. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Gosh they are beautiful, thanks so much for the photos (I wa shoping you'd post some Trouble!!!! :) )

I could be tempted by Dobes at some point...

So is the correct term, chocolate, brown or liver? Brown Flat Coats are liver...I thought brown Dobes were chocolate!

Trouble, the one we met yesterday...I can't imagine she has a sensible bone in her body, she was so mad she freaked Cosmo out!!!!!
  19. Mack

Mack New Member

Name:
    Sue
    I used to have a Dobe, she was called Hexa, loved her to bits, very protective esp of me, but I always thought a 'brown/chocolate' was called a 'red'? ah well live n learn :)
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Brown Dobes are brown, there is no other "term" or description mentioned in the standard, they are brown and tan.
  21. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Thanks Dawn. It gets very confusing...Liver Flat Coats, Chcolate Labs, Brown Dobes!