Wolf lookalike breeders Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yes I see your point. "A" means a hip scoring 0-4. So "AA" would be 0-4 on each hip. 0:1 or 2:3 for example. Thats how Im seeing it, but now you mention the 1 and 2 and looking at the ratings site, Im confused again!!!!:shock:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    It was suggested the AA score was made up, can't remember who by now though.

Yes from what I have read one A is for one hip just like one number is for one hip with the BVA system :grin:

Your right though it's not an 0:0 score, but it is the best score you can get under that system, prob didnt need to say that :lol:
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What about the 1 or 2, do you know what they mean?
  5. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Just to confuse you (me) further. I think, A1 is 0-4, A2 is 5-8, etc. In the example I gave of 3:6 being described A-A is actually A1-A2. As they also gave 4-8 UK and an A-A and 7:9 as A-B.

Not sure how it would tie up to UK scores if the spread is something like this:
    B1 9-14, b2 15-18
    c1 19-24, c2 25-28
    d1 29-34, d2 35-38
    e1 39-44 e2 45+
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  6. Fi

Fi New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    It could be a 0:0 score though. Just as it could be 4:4 or anything in between. I wonder if the A1, A2 etc are just subdivisions of the A?

Oh well it does certainly appear to be a proper hip score.
  7. Fi

Fi New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Ah here we go, good old wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hip_score
    so AA wold be anything from 0:0 to 8:8 which is a bit of a range, so A1 is 0-4 and A2 5-8. Or thereabouts anyway. I'm sure each group doesn't subdivide quite so neatly.

It does make sense as A seems a bit broad. I wouldn't want a dog from parents that had a hip score as high as 8:8, but if that was the bottom rating you wouldn't be able to distinguish between that and 0:0 (which I would accept ;-) )
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Ahhh I think I get you.:001: So are you saying the score shoudl actually read "A1:A1" if thats the case? or are they saying "AA" because it falls into the "A" category?
  9. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    I could be wrong here, but from what I read into it is still one for each hip so A1:A1 would be a BVA 0:0 - 4:4 and A2:A2 BVA 5:5 - 8:8.
  10. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Oh well I was on the right track even if I got the numbers wrong not a bad guess :blush:
  11. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Bit worrying though if you get an A1:A2 - could be 1 on one side and 8 on the other couldn't it? This scale wouldn't show uneven hips very well. Be nice if they were 0:0 though!
  12. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    I think the A1 etc is the netherlands system, and the A etc is the FCI's and system.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  13. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    The wikipedia link shows it quite well.
  14. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Personally IF I was breeding these dogs in the UK I would have gotten them hipscored with a UK system so there are no "possibly" in it!!
  16. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara
    its not very nice for the dog though and if theyve already been scored in europe then not necessary.
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Neither is being bred 5 minutes after they have arrived in the country..but you seem to have no problem with that!
  18. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    I agree with you there, I personally would not put my dogs through any unnessersary procedues.
  19. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Because the `wolfdogs` in the pictures don`t look like wolves -they look like underweight, very poor crossbreeds. They are being bred / sold as wolf lookalikes aren`t they? or have I missed something? Just wanted to point out how real wolves don`t look like that. if you compare them with the real wolves, there are few similarities.
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Neither would I..which includes mating dogs that aren't even settled in yet!
  21. batmandy

batmandy New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    Kcjack, you sad women,
    No Batmandy isn`t scared, i know when i ask question i get answers, and lets get one thing straight you sad pathic person i am an individual and i will say what i like when i like and to whom i like,
    I have never come across anyone who is so nasty and has to have their nose in everyone elses affairs.
    One day you will come unstuck Kcjack and i hope i`m there to see it.
    But lets go one better i`m down your way over the weekend visiting my mum how about we meet up and air our differences face to face. And oh yes please do bring you camera and you can take lots of pic`s of my dogs and post them on any forum.
    and can right a piece on me and how you think my dogs behave so lets do it.

A very peed off Batmandy:evil:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.