Wolf lookalike breeders Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Hi wolfdogowner, do you know whats going on regarding the French kennel, as there seems to be lots of speculation arround.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Oh sorry :blush: :lol:
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well I know what it means in "our" sense, but unsure of what it means in this one.
  5. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    so what do people think from that response to my email? It seems like a lie and to say that health tests show they are clear of epilepsy in lines isnt exactly true is it??
  6. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Charlie got his dogs from a kennel that had 199 dogs they must of inspired him.
  7. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    :) I wasn't exactly being clear. I don't think either of us will be getting a job in telepathy any time soon lol.
  8. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I think it was 119 hun, the 199 I think is a miss print
  9. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Is that all?
    Sounds like the £2500 for the pure saarloos could be bull someone going to be conned out of a lot of money. O well what is it they say "a fool and his money"
  10. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I think that b*****dised on the dog breeding sence means crossbreed.

Unless the line is clear of epalepsy, then it can't be claimed that they don't cary it, which it must be to say things like that. If it isn't, and there isn't a genetic marker that can be tested for, then its just pot luck really.
  11. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    :) I didn't know b*****d was also a type of alcohol, Spanish wine I think. Ya learn something new everyday.
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Soo.. IN Andre's response she is saying that there is a test for epilepsy in NI....Interesting...

Layla..maybe you could ask where she got his non existant test done?? and tell her that you can't find any other reference to an AA score anywhere else

And yes..it would seem the kennel where Charlie Richardson got his dogs from.. is being prosecuted and closed down and the possibility of the dogs he had being crossbreeds is quite high..

SO basically the dogs he is selling could be just another NI in the making.. as in they started off with crossbreeds
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well if it is true, aint I the sucker once again!!!! I believed that she was one of the best kennels, going on what CR said etc... and I dont doubt she is a knowledgable person either, but my word, sucked in again Dawn, listen to those that tell you otherwise in future!!!! :021:
  14. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Dont beat yourself up yet Dawn, there is as far as i am aware no proof, its all hearsay, unless of course someone has proof?
  15. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    who are you talking about dawn? Im a little confused!
  16. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Could you ask on CW and maybe Charlie could clarify
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yes I understand, I just feel like a right wally, if its true.

I think the poster from the UK is a member on here.
  18. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    CKJack
    Maybe you could call the kennel in France and try to buy a puppy? That would prove if its open for business or not.
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I think it did say conditions had improved? Hope so.
  20. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

It reads to me that she is saying there is no epilepsy in the lines, not that there is a test for epilepsy in this breed of dogs.

Edited:

Actually upon re-reading it is ambiguous. I'm not sure whether she means they were 'health' tested, as in a genetic test or just scrutiny of the lines.

There is no genetic test, as far as I am aware, for Saarloos, CWD, NI, Utonagan or crosses of these.

It is actually quite complicated, developing a genetic test for epilepsy.
  21. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.