Wolf lookalike breeders Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Could I ask if any owners of cwd, sarloos or crosses of these dogs have had any experience of training and working these dogs. i.e competitive obedience, agility, working trials, schutzhund etc.

This is a genuine question and in no way a dig at the dogs or owners.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

Might take them a month or so to answer..about the same time as it takes you to NOT come up with all my nasty quotes about your dogs that you CAN'T find cos they don't exist:002:
  4. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Oh yeh pmsl :lol: :lol:
  5. geezer

geezer New Member

Name:
    Jon
    ABBIE

My Saarloos X guys are still young and I dont have any intentions of doing any of the above activities with them so cant help from an experience point of view.

Anecdotally, so far though, my view is:
    Schutzhund work- no chance they will bark yes but ALWAYS back off from confrontation.
    Agility-yes in familiar situations
    obedience and working trials-unlikely

From what ive read the CZW dogs probably perform better in all these fields
  6. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Thank you for your straightforward and honest reply.
  7. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    You are right about the Czechs.

Haven't had mine long enough yet but we will be aiming at the obedience and agility areas.
  8. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    LOL yeah..still waiting for that..

Of course..lies aren't unusual are they:roll:
  9. geezer

geezer New Member

Name:
    Jon
    Hi Sandra,

Hope things go well for you-sounds fun. I met a few CZW crosses while visiting Charlie's place-lovely dogs. They certainly seemed more forward than the Saarloos but thats the limit of my experience.
  10. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Are they good off of the lead?
  11. bugzy

bugzy New Member

Name:
    kelz
    Wow these wolftype threads certainly get heated dont they... I went to check out a few websites on these dogs, and all I can say on the matter is, I think the dogs in the pictures look stunning!
    As for the breeders having a lot of dogs on there websites, in there kennels etc.... really does it matter??? Some of the top show kennels in this country have far more dogs that that! you dont see the likes of them being slated on here, so why are the wolf dog breeders getting all the flak?

B.T.W I dont own any of the wolf type dogs being discussed, and I am not looking to own one ( my house is only small and the 4 dogs I already own is more than enough at this moment in time).
    But I do admire the looks of them.
  12. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Mine have done non competitive obedience with my local dog club.

Brier and Skye have done agility, I will admit, Brier is not very good, she's too aloof! Skye is quick but can make mistakes through being over keen.
  13. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Hiya am glad you like the dogs ;-)
  14. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Banji I haven't met a Wolfdog in the flesh and if I did I certainly wouldn't be jealous of anyone who owned one, what an odd notion :?

Why on earth would anyone be jealous particularly if they have dogs of their own .Ask anyone here, I am sure just about everyone with the possible exception of yourself would prefer their own dog . I wouldn't want to own any sort of Wolfdog either, I don't want a shy aloof dog ,give me a friendly boisterous companion of a dog any time.

ETA Banji, I can't see any mention of what breed of dog you own, sorry if I missed it. So perhaps you don't have a Wolfy looking dog yourself and covet one then mistakenly think everyone is the same.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  15. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Don't get me wrong I love me dogs and would NEVER exchanged them for the world!! But I also must admit I am a bit jealous of thoughs that have pure Czechs cos I love em and would v much like to have one myself :grin: I like the Saarloos too but are a bit too shy for my liking :grin:
  16. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    They are nice looking dogs but not my cup of tea at all x
  17. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Well we all like our cup of tea diff dont we :grin:
  18. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Yeah i have just milk in my tea lol
    I think after my 2 i want a easy dog :lol:
  19. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    oh no I want a dog that keeps me on my toes and thinking, full of life etc, I dont do easy lol :grin:
  20. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I must admit as much as i'd love a easy dog i think i'd need another challenging dog otherwise where's the fun in life? :lol:
  21. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Jem stop it, I agree lol :grin:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.