Wolf lookalike breeders Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    I agree there. And that is true of any breed, not just wd's or inuits.

It's also true of children these days, some parents are so wrapped up in their own lives that they don't spend the time they should with their children.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    clickers are great, I have also been useing them on horses for a while now :grin:
  4. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    :lol: I actually think my puppies think it's the thought of liver or chicken that is more interesting than me!

The big dogs either still live in hope of a treat or just like being obedient as they're all spot on :mrgreen:
  5. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    You can come and teach Rocky to pull up by clicker please :grin: I'm getting bigger biceps than my OH! :lol: It took me nearly a quarter of a mile to pull him up after working up the gallops today!!

Edited to ask : Does it really work on horses?
  6. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thats one of the reasons that for two years I got a few people together to give demonstrations at events - to show people what could be achieved with a little bit of time (you get out of any dog what you put into it).

I've got info on my website on training tips etc and I am always available at the end of the phone (or on my forum). I don't know how I can do a video though as I live here on my own with my pack and can work and film at the same time. I can't even operate a camera when we are out as I don't have enough hands lol

An interesting idea though and something to think about.
  7. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    yup for sure, there is some vid of me clicker training monty on the forum ;-)

I think its of me getting him to lift each leg on a vocal command...
  8. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    The good citizen is ok but lets be honest Sandra not hard is it, didnt Shona have a 10 yr old get it, cant remember thread Shona have you got pics.

Sandra can you answer my question about why you want to breed x breeds.
  9. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Off topic but Sandra, I only have a half czech but he is sooo much more playful (cheeky playful) than the half Saarloos, is your pure Czech girl like that?

If Moto was human, I think he'd be William from 'Just William' - if anyone remembers that?
  10. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I don't intend to go over old ground but you are misinformed - I was not kicked out of the NIS (other than they got peed off cos I was down in Kent at a weekend dog event promoting the breed and the NIS and they didn't know). It is well documented why I left to start TIDA over two and a half years ago.

It is also well explained on various forums and websites, including my own, as to why I am doing what I am.
  11. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Yes I'd go along with that. I think that NI are more bouncey and are clowns - the wolfdogs are far too intelligent. With NI you need a very good sense of humour as they don't take anything seriously (other than food). :lol:
  12. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I had to read that twice, couldnt think for the life of me what 10yr old dog I put through the GC...

but I gather you mean kayleigh being ten not the dog?

[​IMG]

Doing a spot of healwork lol.....bless her, its hard for her to do as her arm gets in the way of the dog, she could do with being a tad taller lol

[​IMG]

fair play to Kayleigh though, shes a cracking little handler, she had only just met the dog that day, she will be one to watch out for in the future thats for sure

she also shows sibes in the ring....and does dancing with dogs demos with a sibe..;-)
  13. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Dont recall you explaining on this forum which you participate on.
    Just a brief reason would suffice as to why you breeding X breeds apart from money.
  14. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Yes I've seen it work on horses. Not sure about starting from a full gallop though lol

My daughter even clicker trained her cat!

They use it on parrots etc too.

It was originally developed for training dolphins.
  15. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I did answer - I said look at my website - the answer is there. Thats the purpose of a website - so I don't have to keep repeating myself on various forums.
  16. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Everyone is obsessed with the fact that they're crossbreds. Look back only 100-150 years into alot of breeds and see what a mish mash they are. The Sealyham for one. The Basset de fauve bretagne had new breeds added post war to increase the gene pool.

I've never made any secret of the fact that I'd like to breed pure Saarloos and that I had thought when the pedigree wolfdogs were made legal in the UK I had thought they would be the future and Inuit would fade out.
  17. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Yes my pure Czech girl is very playful. She's on the go all the time and cheeky with it. If she's worn the other dogs out and I don't have time to play, she will have all her toy box out in turn and amuse herself for ages.
  18. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I have already explained on this forum that I have never made money from my dogs - I am lucky to break even on a litter lol If there is a surplus then it gets ploughed back into facilities for the dogs - which includes my expensive dog transporter.
  19. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Thats my thinking too. Its clear on my website that my Czech is intended to breed exclusively to Czech.

I think the NI will fade out eventually in favour of the pure wolfdog breeds.
  20. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    lol I would love one of those, what have you got?

some of the rottie show folk have cracking motor homes adapted for the dogs also. lucky sods
  21. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    How much do you sell your pups for Sandra
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.