This story just sums up gsds General Chat

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Collie Convert, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla

This story just sums up gsds

this is just the most lovely story- there is a lot more too it than the video says- i met him at crufts on thursday- and after she was injured this dog continued to protect her handler-no matter what
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io30HPOBa-E

they got my vote :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. talassie

talassie New Member

Name:
    Irena
    Yes it was heartwarming to see the bond between this dog and handler and she got my vote too.
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Can someone please tell me the story as I can't watch vids. Thanks.
  5. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni
    That is a beautiful story :)
  6. Harry21

Harry21 New Member

Name:
    Harry
    A police dog handler got stabbed and his GSD dog too. Both are ok now.
  7. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Harry. Good to know they are both ok.
  8. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    He obviously adores her:)
  9. talassie

talassie New Member

Name:
    Irena
    Anya was 2 years old and only 6 months into her training when her handler got stabbed and she also was stabbed protecting her handler. The policeman said he owes his life to his dog.
    He is due to retire at the same time as his dog and he is determined to keep her. He thinks she is a fantastic dog and will make sure she has a really good life.
  10. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    As well I'd seen it elsewhere, because my Mac chose to beachball all through it :evil:

Snorri
  11. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    She's lovely I hope she comes second to Takara :blush: :mrgreen:
  12. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    GSDs are such fab dogs :) I wish I could see the video. Is there a link to the story anywhere?
  13. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    This is the story from youtube:

PC Sampson was on duty with Anya in 2008 when he was called to a local disturbance. Anya had only been working for six months before this particular incident but she immediately reacted when PC Sampson was approached by a man welding a knife.

What followed next is still a slight haze to PC Sampson but it soon become clear that he had been stabbed and badly injured, and despite his best efforts, he could not get up from the ground. In total he received seven stab wounds including four to the head.

Unknown to PC Sampson, Anya had also suffered a single stab wound to her chest. Throughout this, Anya continued to do her job in protecting her handler, colleagues and members of the public. What is even more remarkable given her inexperience as a Police Dog is that she kept focused on the suspect and stayed determined to defend her handler despite suffering an injury

Anya earned a lot of respect from officers present at the incident that day; for her loyalty and courage in a violent and brief incident.
  14. talassie

talassie New Member

Name:
    Irena
    The story of all the friends for life dogs are on the crufts website. But not really very much detail.
    And yes they are wonderful dogs and unfortunately misunderstood by a lot of people so it is great to see this story.
  15. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Random and Talassie.

Have you sorted your piccie problem out now Talassie?
  16. hayleybella

hayleybella New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    I think I heard She won Police dog of the year? She's lovely and a really nice story.
  17. talassie

talassie New Member

Name:
    Irena
    Unfortunately no. So I am resigned to not putting pics on the site. I just have no paste option.
    I have a friend who knows about these things so when I remember I will ask his advice.
  18. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Please do, as I can't wait to see some new piccies of Tala. There are some new ones of Yogi in the dog piccies bit of the site, if you would like to see how much he has grown! :shock: :lol:
  19. talassie

talassie New Member

Name:
    Irena
    I've seen recent ones of him and he's a gorgeous gorgeous boy. :007: I still see his mum in him rather than his dad because he looks as if he has the slightly broader face of Anya. But obviously you know him and if you think he takes after his dad then he must. I find with Tala that some pics of her somehow don't quite look like the Tala I know and love. Must just catch her at a strange angle or something!
  20. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I can't see Anja in him at all, although he does have a very wide, masculine head :) Have you ever seen Lauraine's Zane? Yogi is looking more and more like him.

Sorry everyone to go off topic :blush:
  21. talassie

talassie New Member

Name:
    Irena
    Will look out for Zane