Mr & Mrs Wolf Tonight on 5 Shaun Ellis! General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Helena54, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Oh I didn't know that.. I hope he went back to his breeder..DIdn't JK give him a pup at that show??

That proves how good her vetting procedure is!!!!! Wonder if she visited him in his teepee to make sure he had a garden etc
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. shakeela

shakeela New Member

Name:
    Wendy
    Yes that rings a bell. So Cheyenne mated with her brother.
    :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
  4. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

surfing on phone just now so i dont have the links but take a look at his website (googled shaun ellis and wolf) goes on about how he is a wolf behaviourist but all his info on wolves is lifted from wikipedia

another ego on the tv telling us all he is an expert
  5. greyhoundk

greyhoundk New Member

Name:
    Eleanor
    Yuck no couldn't fancy him baked, boiled or fried as my aunt would say ! looks like a good bath would do him good
  6. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    If you go to the Combe Martin Dinosaur park site there is a link to his Wolf Pack Management site which should give everyone a few laughs.:lol:
    I think most of his information is taken from other sources or made up!
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Would this happen in a wild wolf pack?
  8. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    This is from a Yellow stone web site
    Northern Rockies representative and gray wolf expert, Suzanne Asha Stone, answers:
    "Wolves have very strong family bonds much like humans. Alpha wolves are often the parents of the other pack members and typically are the only pack members to mate and produce pups, but not always. The alpha pair sometimes mate for life but wolves rarely live beyond 8 years old in the wild. Sometimes an alpha wolf is killed and its mate may select a new alpha. Other times, when an alpha wolf dies, the pack itself disbands. Sometimes, wolves change roles within a pack and a younger wolf may become an alpha leader. However, wolves almost never interbreed with other family members but will seek out a mate that is unrelated to the pack. That helps ensure better genetic stability within the species."
  9. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    In captive packs in zoo's and other establishments where a female is living with brothers she is usually separated when she comes into season (once yearly) or given a contraceptive implant or speyed. The responsible thing to do.
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thanks, so what SE allowed to happen was very wrong, unatural and at possible detriment to the animals in the long run, re "interbreeding" etc.. Thats very sad.
  11. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    but all that matters is his ego, nothing else.

Have to say he looks more like a pig than a wolf...
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Seee its the Kermit thing:lol:
  13. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. youngstevie

youngstevie

Dawn maybe you can answer this....or anyone else, I watched it, and did I hear right Yana is diffiently Alfa Male (got that bit right) but when Tamaska attacked it said Quote.......he was playing the protective Dad.

So who is Dad....I thought Alpha Male mated with Alpha female.................in the wolf world....or am I mistaken.

Sorry someone tell me:shock:

Didn't know the current girlfriend had left, I did know his wife and kids had, but then who wouldn't!!!!!!!!!!;-)
  15. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    Cheyene was the only female so when she came into season there would have been a lot of tension between the males, her litter brothers 3 I believe? and her older brothers Matsi, Yana and Tamaska.
    This is not a wild pack and captive animals dont behave in the same way especially when you have a human who comes and goes and plays wolf so who knows who Dad really is? but its def a brother!
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well I think master has explained better than I can, but whichever it is, it would appear very very unnatural and wrong.
  17. shakeela

shakeela New Member

Name:
    Wendy
    Yes...very unnatural...very wrong, especially when deliberate by someone who claims to be for conservation and wolves in the wild.
  18. youngstevie

youngstevie

Thank you, then in my mind, firstly, HE is not giving a true picture of Wolf behaviour, which to be honest I never thought he was, and in my mind that no longer makes Yana Alpha Male. So one day we're going to be reading how they have all had to be separated due to fighting etc.,

No wonder WOMEN leave him..........the man needs a reality check
  19. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    No just a true picture of human behaviour, greed and ego all the way.

He needs stopping, he and Mr Richardson seem as arrogant and mis guided as each other and want to play god with their warped dog x wolf breeding money making experiment!
  20. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    Potentially it could, but it is very unlikely. Wolves seem to know instinctively (like us I s'pose) not to mate with siblings and grown up offspring.
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yes I have been reading since learning that this poor Wolf had been mated by her brother, and it does seem that its very unatural behaviour. It seems to indicate that the Wolves SE has are not behaving instinctively or naturally at all, very worrying. I have a problem with "Zoos" anyway, but visit as many as I can, (partly to do with my photography) I have since found out on here and confirmed it elsewhere that Zoos do not allow the mating of siblings in captivity its considered very bad practice and will do nothing to conserve the species at all, in fact it will bring much problems genetically in the future.

Welcome back by the way!:grin: