100% Wolf X Dog Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by liz & kiesha, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    What Wolf blood? there hasnt been any Wolf blood in the Saarloos for over 40 years has there?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara
    your dogs are modified wolves, without breeding the wolf your dogs wouldnt exist as they do today, so how can you complain if you own dogs.
    complain and target irresponsible people who breed and dont do their research and create sick pups.
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Are they? How intresting!:roll:
  5. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hi Banji :) you do own dogs then? There are none in your profile .

I agree about unscrupulous breeders though it is not always easy to spot them. Take this section of your post above..

it was obviously apparent to me that the dogs welfare was of upmost importance the dogs were fed only the best,groomed,excersised,watered and very happy to be around there owner and have the love and affection they desired.if theres a heaven then that place is doggy heaven.

..if I knew of such a place but also knew the breeder bred lots of litters of puppies not because they had a waiting list for dogs but for sale on free internet advertisements, and they used various marketing ploys to sell the maximum number of puppies they to me would be unscrupulous breeders.
  6. wolfwannabe

wolfwannabe New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    So where have I contradicted myself?

All dog breeders have contracts to sign when you collect the pup, try asking any dog breeder how dificult it is to enforce that type of contract. before you ask... What is the point of the contract then? Well to be honest I don't know!

You and others have twisted what I have written on ths thread and others and I don't see why you think it is funny, unless you are just trying to cause trouble.
  7. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

Point out where i have twisted your words please...
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I think when people write things that are inconsistent, people will pick up on it and question it, I dont often agree with Elaine (Inkliveeva) but in this case I do.
  9. banji

banji New Member

Name:
    tamara

your dogs are modified wolves, without breeding the wolf your dogs wouldnt exist as they do today, so how can you complain if you own dogs.
    complain and target irresponsible people who breed and dont do their research and create sick pups.
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    TWICE!!!!!
  11. wolfwannabe

wolfwannabe New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    You show me what I have written that is inconsistant.

Because I have gone back through what I wrote and can find no inconsistances. I have only told it how it is so you'll have to point out what I've done wrong. Except that is stand up for what I believe.
  12. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    You could say we humans are modified Neandertals, without them we wouldn't exist today.
    If there were some of the original Neandertals in existence today would I wish to see them mating with present day humans. No I would not, we have moved on since then and we are so different in many respects.

Likewise I do not wish to see dogs crossed with wolves. Dogs have been domesticated for many generations and many have lost their instinctive fear of man and desire to roam in packs in the high wilderness areas. By mating wolves with dogs you are denying the wolves that which is theirs, the right to roam free away from man.

...many of us here do just that, but this thread is about 100% wolf x dogs not targeting bad breeders (unless they are crossing wolves and dogs) ...
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
  13. wolfwannabe

wolfwannabe New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    No I'm not getting into that whole genetics thingy, but the last wolf was put into the Saarloos in the 60's and they have been carefully line bred from then so of course they have wolfblood in them:roll:

You tell me there is no wolf in this wolfdog.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now you'll have to excuse me because my dogs need their second long walk of the day.......
  14. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Its not a complaint critisism is not a complaint :)

Ah must go home and look for the wolf in my Ebt, thanks for that ...:mrgreen:
  15. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Doesn't sound like you know alot about breeding Thoroughbreds for racing either. AI is NOT allowed.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
  16. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    You didn't mention it was thoroughbred horses you were talking about, it is allowed in standard horse racing though...
  17. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    I know...the guy who's pointers I exercise also does pacing and his mare gets AI'd in April. But as you now seem to understand, Weatherbys don't allow it.

But that is detracting from the original subject somewhat. I'm saying I don't think you can force a pregnancy.
  18. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    Now I am happy to be corrected but if my memory serves; Humans and Neanderthals were two distinct and different races. Humans were credited with forcing the Neanderthals into extinction. Generally there is almost no evidence of cross breeding between the two though some evidence of cross breeding was found in (I think) Portugal, which was on the edge of where the Neanderthals were pushed to. Interestingly where wolves are pushed to near extinction they will also cross breed with dogs in the wild as a survival strategy. This has been proven in Italy where wild hybrids have been found more commonly in areas where wolves have been intensely persecuted. Also in the USA where the same thing has happened and wolves have mated with dogs or coyotes. The issue that has been raised on this thread is that dogs differ by only .2% from wolves and wolves have been proved as the exclusive ancestor of dogs. Some ethnic humans differ by more than this % from other humans. So it seems a fair comment that all dogs are slightly modified from wolves by natural or artifical selection. Many people who have bred wolves to dogs have done so to improve or develop a breed.
  19. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    As mentioned already, you didnt say race horses :lol: as you say either, what else dont I know much about? I happen to know some breeders of horses who have produced fab horses, one winning the queens cup... :grin: I also keep my horses with them, and his wife is one of my best friends,

but again as you use the word either, I assume you think there is more than one area I dont know a lot about,

poss you should have mentioned in your post it was race horses, or been less bitchy in your response.
  20. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    When Count Buffon set out to write his 'Histoire Naturelle" in the mid 18th century, the first major scientific study of the natural world he wished to prove the theory that wolves and dogs were inter fertile and to this end he kept a captured wolf and a hunting dog locked up together. They produced no offspring, so Buffon concluded that they could not. Now we would see the stressful captivity as an inhibitor (Buffon later changed his mind and the 1781 English translation noted a successful hybridization in London).
    Captive wolves are highly resourceful and it has been known for a female to successfully 'bend' a wire enclosure fence enough for coupling to take place with a male in an adjoining enclosure.
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Ahhh head down, must have Wolf in it, I get you now, the same old story!:mrgreen: Rhubarb!!!

This is a collie/wolfdog, look like a Wolf?
    [​IMG]

Im sorry, I do think that some Saarloos look a bit Wolflike, but in all honesty the crossbreeds look like crossbreeds, I mean no offence its just my opinion.