100% Wolf X Dog Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by liz & kiesha, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Eko

Eko New Member

Name:
    James Darch
    That's a very good question. Also have you noticed that on his cry wolf forum that everyone agrees with him -there is no one posting a different opinion or questioning him about this new venture?
    So come on Charlie, if you can't come on here, what about letting some us with concerns about this project onto your forum where you can reply to us?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I am told Charlie went against the rules of Dogsey & therefore would be unable to post here so that clears that one up, the in's & out's of if that was a reasonable thing to do is not something i can comment on as i never seen the post he made. I am a member of Cry wolf & have been for some time as i am on many other forums but would just like to add i will not act as any kind of go between on this forum & that one to ask him questions. If i have a question of my own i will ask & most likely will do now as he will not be able to answer here. Just thought i should clarify that.
  4. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz

I was talking about the more person remarks. Of course he's part of it, and will be disgussed.
  5. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    I only posted due to seeing that you'd missed the S a couple of times.

So, with that view, are you against the CsV and Saarloos as a breed?
  6. Fridolf

Fridolf New Member

Name:
    Jules
    You all probably know much more about this than I do but I have to say I was so shocked when I heard of their plans to x wolves with domestic dogs.
    What do they intend to gain? they claim they won't be selling them as pets so what is their intention?
    I've watched Shaun Ellis in previous programmes and at one time was in awe of "the wolfman" but he's not the man I thought he was ... I truly believed he had respect for wolves, how gullable was I?
    I'm not at all clued up regards your dogs, I've had to google Saarloos as I'd never heard of them (I'm more of a mastiff person) so you have the advantage of knowing similar type dogs.

My view is let wolves be wolves, it's great to observe and learn from them but leave it at that.
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Excellent statement!
  8. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Actually, I've questioned him on several occasions. And he was very courteous in his replies.
  9. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Being a wolfdog and Saarloos fantatic I completely agree!

I can, however, see where Ronnie is coming from regarding crossing a European wolf with a Czech if the breed really does need this. It is something that would need ALOT of discussion and not something to be done on a whim. In theory I can see the benefits and the reason for doing it but in practise I'm not so sure.
  10. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I apologise if this has already been covered in previous posts. Are the wolves being used health tested and if they are, what tests would they require?
  11. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I don't recall that being asked before, but it might of been. It is a very good question, as contrary to popular belief, wolves are not emune from health defects, obviously it isn't observed frequently in wild wolves as they'd have died or been predated on. I wonder what the health of the captive bred wolf population is like. I've seen many sites of wolfdog hybrid, high content breeders, and I can't recall reading any of them health testing their stock.

If it were me, I'd hip and elbo score definately.
  12. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    A bit off topic, but there's a programme about ethiopian wolves on animal planet just now, and again in an hour on plus one for anyone who is interested.
  13. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    I thought this thread was about crossing dogs with wolves not if one is against CsV and Saaloos.
    No I am not against any recognised established breed, but I thinks some breeds like the afore mentioned breeds are best in the hands of experienced dog people.
    Neither do I think these breeds should be crossed with any other breeds (or cross breeds) to be sold in free advertisements on the Internet as is frequently the case .

I have already stated in a previous post I do not agree with crossing wolves with dogs. Doing so has the potential to cause problems for many dog owners. Wait till one of these wolf cross breeds gets into the hands of the wrong person and someone is badly bitten or killed . There will be a huge outcry in the press and we could end up with a similar situation to that of the bull breed owners who don't own a PBT but have fallen foul of the DDA just because their dog happen to bare a passing resemblance to them.

When will people start to consider the requirements of the wolves instead of their own misguided ideas. No genuine animal lover would ever consider crossing wolves with dogs.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
  14. The Master

The Master New Member

Name:
    john
    They have started this thread on the Cry Wolf site if any one wants to ask questions about their new money making breeding scheme.
    And if you say or ask anything they dont agree with no doubt it will be removed and unfortunatley most members their seem to be under CR & SE spell.
  15. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Now this, I find slightly contradictory.

You don't agree with 100% wolf x dog 100 hundred years ago nor in present day? Am I correct. Yet.... you don't disagree with the Saarloos or the Czech which is a decendant of the 100% wolf cross dog...
  16. Eko

Eko New Member

Name:
    James Darch
    From Cry Wolf Diary Fri 20th Feb:

I have been having great fun looking at beautiful Appaloosa horses for sale and receiving lot’s of emails with photos attached. Everyone I have spoken to about their respective horses has heard, to some degree or other, of Shaun Ellis and are intrigued by our plans for a herd of Appaloosas at Landkey. Hopefully we will have a beautiful herd of spotted horses in the very near future.

The plan is to run the horses with buffalo and for further education and entertainment a separate pack of coyotes has been suggested. It is thought there are no coyote packs currently in the UK, can anyone confirm or deny this? The person whom suggested the coyotes has also volunteered to sell ‘snake oil’ (good for what ails yah!) for us but I rather think his sense of humour started getting the better of him at that point!

Talking of senses of humour, to everyone who participated in last Wednesday’s post diary posting, I thank you. I had tears of laughter rolling down my face at one point it was great fun. Late in the evening my announcement of my Dogsey ban did bring it back down to earth with a bump but I must say life post Dogsey is very peaceful. However, I notice ‘vantiloup’ has just started a ‘100% Wolf x Dog – the debate continues’ thread in ‘Debates and Discussions’ so perhaps that peace will be short lived?!

First it was breeding wolves with dogs -then it's wigwams & spotted horses & now buffalo & coyote!!!:lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought he was a dog breeder- but now all of a sudden he's buying Appaloosa horses???
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well I hope he understands Horse genetics better than Wolf ones then, cos if he has a herd of Appaloosas (spotted) he wont be breeding spotted Appaloosa Horses! Id hope he knew that and would make decisions based upon it.
  18. Hollieandmum

Hollieandmum

Name:
    Nix
    You have a good point Navajo - german shepherds are a wolf cross - to which I assume you refer?

And what a super breed they are.
  19. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Below thread was about GSDs and possible wolf content:

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=93163
  20. Hollieandmum

Hollieandmum

Name:
    Nix
    That was very interesting, thank you werewolf. Interesting too that so many people jump around saying "they don't believe it" when the facts are there before their eyes. The original studbook is apparently in the States.
  21. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    You are welcome xxxxxx I agree, it was an interesting thread xxxxx