100% Wolf X Dog Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by liz & kiesha, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    ...working at making lots of money for someone :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Dawn :) I didn't say you supported the crossbreeding of dogs but you supported someone who crossbred dogs , there is a difference .

Personally I don't support any of them .
  4. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    I don't believe so but I don't know to be honest. Some of my inuits trace back to NI's as you know but aren't NI's similarly some of my wolfdogs trace back to NI's but aren't NI's. My pure inuits as far as I'm convinced have no more wolf blood in them than your borders, I certainly can't see it in behaviour or looks.
  5. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thanks for that. :grin:
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thats fine Mini, I dont feel that admitting ones mistakes is a bad thing, and I do commend that. I assume you are speaking of Sandra, whilst I do admire her for admitting what she has done in the past, I think you will find we disagree totally on the CWD crossbreed thingy, I feel there is absolutely no need for it at all. I kind of see why they "want" to do it, but personally I cannot see the point. If you want a Wolfdog, buy a Czech or a Saarloos!:grin: Crossbreeds are just that, and I dont see the way forward in it.
  7. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Apart from the CsV and Saarloos, none of the other breeds have a hope in hell of ever attaining KC recognition.
  8. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Dawn :) I agreed admitting mistakes is admirable if one can genuinely see the mistakes one has made and it is not just a case of proving others wrong to make oneself look better.

I can see no justification at all to use the failure of a cross breed as a reason to spoil another breed.
  9. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Perhaps ask Dr L Saarloos. But, I do agree, we have the Saarloos and CsV now, that's enough for me.
  10. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Dr Saarloo isn't trying to create a breed today, it is almost a hundred years since the breed was created. Were he trying to do the same thing now by opinion would be the same :)
  11. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    Genova is joining them!

Now we have a Mal that thinks it's a Wolf and a Saarloos that thinks it's a Mal :mrgreen:
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn

Neither can I, I agree with you.:grin:
  13. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    In all fairness it was broadcast in America first and I think that explains a few things!
  14. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    I certainly don't!! Saw some working down in Pembrey at the weekend, looked like they were having great fun!
  15. Eko

Eko New Member

Name:
    James Darch
    From Cry Wolf Diary 18th Feb 2009:

Shaun Ellis’ programme went out on Channel 5 last night, unsurprisingly to much critical acclaim on Dogsey. One thread ran up about ten pages during the broadcast, mostly saying what a load of rubbish it was, etc, etc.

For my own part I thought it was infinitely superior to the US ‘version’ that went out late last year but hope that all the years of hard solid work that Shaun has put into his wolf research does not get devalued by a broadcast that was presumably intended to both entertain and inform .

I know Shaun privately shares some of these concerns but we hope and expect that it is all for the greater good. The broadcast should certainly bring an awareness of the wolf to the widest possible audience which Shaun hopes to retain and ultimately educate in respect of the wolf’s plight in the modern world. This has certainly been the case in North America which has been the foundation stone for the Landkey project.

I guess its just a simple fact of life that anyone whom tries to achieve anything worthwhile will be slated by a small minority of people and Shaun and I realise that will always be the case. We are accused of only being in it for the money and notoriety. Well, any money that is available goes into the wolves and dogs respectively and as to the notoriety I could certainly do without it and in an ideal world I know Shaun could live without it too. However, we don’t live in an ideal world and sometimes we have to do things that we don’t particularly want to do in order to achieve the greater goal. That is exactly where Shaun and I are currently at.

Landkey will, we believe, evolve into a truly amazing project. Shaun intends to have the land detoxed by his Native North American mentors using plants, rocks and other natural elements. They have cleaned and rejuvenated vast areas of highly polluted land in North America with such techniques and Landkey will become a living educational model of their practices.

The Native North American people will also demonstrate and teach their natural horsemanship skills utilising the Landkey Appaloosa herd that I am to acquire for the enterprise. From a core stock we intend to breed leopard and blanket spot Appaloosa horses, living as natural a life as possible, for the enjoyment and education of all visitors.

The entire 60 acre site will become a ‘living’ microcosm of a ‘natural’ world where the impact of the wolf can be assessed, for both good and bad, and the information gleaned fed back into the wider world for the eventual betterment of all its remaining wild wolves.

Residential wolf and wolfdog behaviour courses will be at the core of the Landkey project and all participants will have the opportunity to spend their time there living in a tepee community, cooking on an open fire and communing with nature to the greatest possible extent. However, you may be assured that ‘conventional’ accommodation will also be available.

I have recently added a new page to the cry-wolf website outlining the envisaged courses, which can be found at:

link removed
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009
  16. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

That is one hell of an ego!
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    What a load of.................................
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Ohhh and horses too.. is that to feed the wolves?
  19. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    I like how it's already been dubbed "worthwhile". That's a bit premature isn't it? Sounds really naff and pointless to me. Will there be waxworks of Native Americans too?
  20. Navajo

Navajo New Member

Name:
    Navajo
    It is Saarloo'S', whether you're referring to Dr Leendert Saarloos, one Saarloos wolfdog or a pack of Saarloos wolfdogs.

I don't agree with the British Saarloos but that's my personal opinion, maybe they'll prove this forum and myself wrong.

However, if you and I had existed when one man said he was going to cross a GSD with a Wolf, what would our opinions have been then? I for one think that I would have disagreed with it, yet, I am a huge fan of what he created. So in a hundred years time, who knows where CR and SE's breed will be.
  21. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I am sure SE the (Wigwam) Bam will dress for the occasion..personally I think he looks like he needs a good wash