100% Wolf X Dog Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by liz & kiesha, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Aye..or they have 10 litters off them before they are 4!!!!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
    I was wondering about Bengals Dawn but didn't want to open another can of worms
  4. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Ohhh and wanted to add mine is a rescue..after she was used as a breeding machine!!
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    They have come down greatly in price. They are now what I would consider 'normal' pedigree cat priced. I hope this helps deter some breeders who bred simply because they could sell the kittens for huge sums:shock:
  6. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    So in that sense how long before the prices of Ni come down to the normal prices of crossbreed dogs?
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Good point!
  8. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I've already posted about the new british saarloos being used as a assistance dog on the other wolfdog thread, so won't go on about that here.
    What I will say is according to CW, these animals willl not be available to the public, but will be kept and distrobuted purely on working grounds.

I don't know anything about bengal cats, but have any of you guys sene the toyger.
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I guess time will tell. What wil happen to the dogs that are unable to work, I wonder? From what I have read SWH do not make the best working dogs, we know NIDs as a rule do not either, so there is every reason to doubt the workability of the majority of the dogs in question here.
  10. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I don't know what'll happen to the ones not deemed suitable. In days gone by, they'd have been disposed of, not a common practice these day thank god, but it still happens. I don't think for one minute though that CW would do this.

With regards to the SWH's working ability I agree with you there. However, if I'd have to pick one for working potential I'd go with the Cwd, less nervous and believe has been more successful as a worker but not sure about that though.
  11. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    But Louise all crossbreed prices are high. The dog world has gone nuts.
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Louise is simply being her usual charming self, not!!! Thinking she is annoying us NID owners because she refers to the dogs as crossbreeds:roll: Louise, you yourself have a long haired Malamute, lovely as they can be, it is against standard. I am sure some Mal people would look down at your dog, and you wouldn't like that would you:!:

Rest assurred your opinion means nothing to me. However, your constant rudeness is a bore:015:
  13. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I'd rather pay £650/£750 for an Ni than £1800 for a bulldog wich I know is riddled with congenital health defects.
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    What crawled up your ass and died??

Louise is being to the point as usual..yes they are crossbreeds..and yes Cruiser has a long coat BUT he's still a Malamute..still from FANTASTIC breeding and FANTASTIC lines and all the parent's, g parents etc have had all their tests done etc...He is not a show dog as I don't show..SO what is your point exactly??

He isn't up to standard so he isn't shown..He is perfect in all other ways, fits the standard in all other ways.. Does your dogs fit the NI standard??..

I chose him from the litter (all the rest were to standard) so its not like I didn't know what I was getting..I knew from 6wks he was going to be a long coat..and I chose which pup I wanted at 9 wks...

So..all in all..

Health tested
    KC reg
    Excellent temp
    Excellent lines
    Excellent breeder..
    1000% breeder backup at any time
    Complete copies of all health tests

NO LIES...NO COVER UPS>>

Yes..just a Malamute with a longer coat..the shame of it!

Ummmm yeah.. I prefer my long coated Malamute thanks..:mrgreen:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2009
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    And I would rather pay £850 -£1000 for a malamute that has all health tests and KC reg etc than a crossbreed that is supposed to resemble a wolf which is riddled with health problems and crap breeders and society's that don't know their ass from their elbow
  16. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    This is a real concern of mine because lets face it crossing a wild animal with a domestic one in this over crowded country is a disaster waiting to happen! And its not just going to be NI/CWD/Sar caught in the fall out its going to be any wolfy looking 'type' which will also effect Mal, sibes and i'm sure a few other breeds. How many Staffys have been PTS because of the mass hystira (sp?) over the whole pitbull 'type'??
  17. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    You've got me there. My point being was that if given a choic between 2 breeds with various defects like ni and the bulldog, I'd choose the one that could breathe.
    and has already been stated, no ni is going to fit that new standard it is an anatomical imposability.

On a side note, I love longcoat mals.
  18. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    Lets see, in the unlikely event that one of these wolf hybrids, lets say attacks a child, how many breeds would suffer the consiquences posibly. We've got:
    Cwd
    Swh
    Sibs
    Mals
    Akita
    Gsd's
    Nid
    Ut
    Bi
    Tamaskan
    Swedish elkhound if there any in uk
    Various other breeds and crossbreeds.

You see where I'm going, with the way some non dog people and the government react to pitbull and anything remotely looking like one.
    Now just imagine the little redriding hood syndrom cicking in, and we may end up with a bloodbath.

Off topic slightly but I personally think the DDA is a load of bull anyway.
  19. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I love longcoat mals too..but there shouldn't be many around now as teh longcoat gene has been discovered and you can now test the parents to see if they are carriers and obviously avoid that..

SO NES??? did the NI people think to do that??

I think my point was that I would rather have a relatively healthy KC reg breed with a (job public) wolfy look and pay just a little bit more..
  20. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    I agree ref paying a bit more fore a jo public wolfy looking dog with good health. I also agree that if the Ni people don't want longcoat in their lines, then an available test to find that gene should be done.

Ref mals, their not very common around here, in 20 years, I've personally met 2. Both had supurb temperaments, very talkative though lol. Definately on my wishlist.
  21. Golden Wolf

Golden Wolf New Member

Name:
    Martin
    Having ploughed through 125 pages of the other thread over the weekend - yes, work was quite quiet! - and now this, can I just ask how many of the 'experts' that have been posting, and slating others, have any first hand experience of working with Saarloos or CSVs? Or is the expertise drawn from internet searches?

As someone who has worked with both breeds, some of the dogs I worked with would have been eminently suited to assistance work on the basis of their nature and temperament, others wouldn't. Just like some GSDs make great police dogs and others don't.

The art is in matching the right dog to the right job.

I continue to be shocked that so many people on here - actually make that a small handful of recurring names with a clear axe to grind - can talk about an entire breed in such general terms.

And as someone who has two 50% Saarloos girls who charm and delight everyone they meet, can I express my disgust at how people who have probably never met a wolfdog in their life misrepresent them and cast judgement on the guy who bred them from a position of almost total ignorance.