100% Wolf X Dog Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by liz & kiesha, Jan 27, 2009.

1. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Hi Werewolf
    Yes i did see that & it does concern me, it also concerns me that Ronnie is crossing with pure wolf & seems to think its fine.
    When the **** hits the fan on this one, and it will, my biggest concern of all is 'wolf lookalike' dogs will all be tarred with the same brush by the public.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Well, we met a couple with there two dogs a couple of years ago, they reminded me of white GSDs and he was convinced that they were wolves! I have the pics on my old comp, they didn't look a bit like any wolf I have seen.
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Lets us just hope that it doesn't come to that.:-( Is it just an experiment that they are doing? Surely they won't be selling these dogs to the public?
  5. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I really worry about some of these crosses that are now being sold as domestic pets, and would never ever consider crossing either of my 2 with a Sarloos or CWD. They are a an accident waiting to happen, not everyone has the experience, temperament or facilities to deal with these sorts of dogs.
  6. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    This is exactly why I was concerned about the 'legalisation' of CWD and Sarloos in this country and the lifting of the need for licences...I know it wouldn't be long til they were starting to be exploited...so sad.
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I think people like the "respected" Shaun Ellis has a lot to answer for allowing the mating of his WOlves to domestic dog breeds. I expect he has shrunk in estimation with many NI owners!
  8. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I got to know Shaun quite well a few years back. I have to say, if what has been written down is true - he has dropped in my estimation a huge amount! Its very sad.
  9. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    I have never liked what I have seen or heard about him.It doesn't surprise me at all.
  10. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I didn't like him before before I got Shila so my opinion hasn't really changed on him to be honest x
  11. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    You are not the first person to say that to me today. I am amazed actually, I thought he was for the protection and conservation of wolves in the wild and had studied them and their behaviours for many years to further this end, not to end up using them to create another 'breed'
    Its a disaster waiting to happen:-(
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I am a little shocked to be honest. Why is there a need for these people to experiement with how 'different wolfblood content affects temprement and behaviour' CR .

Why do we need a new breed the 'British Saarloos' ? Why not promote the existing breed SWH?
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Nor me I thought he looked like a Werewolf and could do with a good wash!
    You are right, I agree. Im surprised, no, STUNNED he would participate in this.
  14. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    It makes my blood boil. Why does man feel the need to mess with nature. It has got to be for their own egos, no other reason I can see.
  15. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I know Sarloos and Czech Wolfdogs are here to stay now, but really can't understand why it is felt necessary to start crossing them with other breeds
  16. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S
    I am very saddened to read this:cry: I really thought Shaun was about the conservation of wolves, and was championing them to live alongside people, and to find a solution, where they can co-exist side by side. I was really interested in his work with farmers in Europe, and finding a solution, that keep livestock safe, and wolves from being shot or trapped.

I am also bemused why CR would do this? I really admire both the Saarloos and CWD as dog breeds, and I don't understand what he hopes to achieve with this new type he is trying to create.

Is there anybody involved with these dogs, that is bloody straightforward and honest!:evil:
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Or wild animals!!:evil:
  18. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

bloomimg idiots
    but not unexpected. people want dogs that look like wolves, people are willing to part with lots of money to get the look they want, people think about the look far more than the temprament of any breed (people in general not dogsey folk) so there is a demand and people will fill that demand

i never thought much of that wolf guy, his methods were v flawed, but now i have no respect at all for him. problem is people will trust him cos he has been on tv
  19. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Great post
  20. Angel44

Angel44 New Member

Name:
    Nikki
    In South Africa I used to train my german shepherds with ex police and army dog handlers. One of the guys had a gsd x wolf (50-50). He was very experienced and the dog had been brought up and trained by him since being a pup. In his own words this dog was unpredictable, stubborn, willful, sly and at times extremely aggressive. He said he would never have another one and would never recommend them to anyone.

If I remember correctly at one stage the army (I think) in SA were experimenting with gsd x wolf dogs to use in action. I'm talking 20 odd years ago now, so I could well be wrong there.
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    It happened with bengal cats, everyone wants one and now the breed and normal rescue centres are full of them!