100% Wolf X Dog Controversial

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by liz & kiesha, Jan 27, 2009.

1. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

100% Wolf X Dog

So far we have looked mostly at CWD & Saarloos on their own & crossed with NI. What does everyone think of crossing them with pure wolf or indeed any breed of dog crossed with pure wolf?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    A time bomb. Why would you?
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Wot she said!:grin:
  5. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Its already happening.
  6. Gypsum

Gypsum New Member

Name:
    Emily
    These exist in the US. I have a mate who grew up with them as "pets" and not even he would recommend them as a pet unless you have a lot of land and know how to handle them. Apparently one his wolfdogs used to do things like stalk the neighbor. According to dog attack statistics, wolfdogs rank up with pitbulls, which is a bit scary considering they are much much rarer. They are very unpredictable animals.
  7. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Not fair and I would reiterate the time bomb thing.

Fine with people who know what they are doing (still don't agree), but what about the one that escapes and is picked up ending up in rescue....or the owners die and dog is passed on....to many things can happen for the dog end up in the wrong place.
  8. Gypsum

Gypsum New Member

Name:
    Emily
    Did I see somewhere that some breeders in the UK are talking about using wolfdogs as assistance dogs? Huh?
  9. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I like wolves - well, admire them. I love their wildness, their uniqueness. So why on earth would anyone want to lose that by forced out-breeding?
  10. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Dogs are dogs and wolves are wolves. they fulfil different roles within the animal kingdom and indeed within society.I think it is asking for trouble to cross the two and expect that you could then have the cross fulfill either role effectively.
  11. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    No not in this country.
  12. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    I think what others have also said.
    I adore wolves, I love their wildness. I do not want one though. They are wild animals and should be RESPECTED as such.
    I actually think it is cruel to mate them with domestic dogs.
    I love elephants but I don't want one in my house.

Appalling idea, totally appalling. A dog is a dog a wolf is a wolf and the two should NOT be mated together ever.
    Similar to the concept of humans mating with monkeys/gorillas, just wrong.
  13. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    If you were to purchase such a cross in this country you would need a licence as it would be a (could be wrong about my F's) F1 hybrid and as such needs a wild animal licence to be kept.
  14. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    the only reason I could think of for doing this would be to preserve wild wolfs, eg, if the numbers fell so much, introducing some dogs to help population,

but never for house pets
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Wot they both said:002:
  16. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Agreed!!

Mick
  17. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Can not imagin any true dog lover ever considering such a thing, it can, like most things that are anti dog, only be being done for money.
  18. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Money £2000 for a pup is a easy days work :roll:
  19. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    It`s even more profitable if you can get some mug to believe your skinny GSD is part wolf....like the gullible guy I met in the park last year with a GSD x
  20. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Liz will be able to clarify this better when she looks at this thread, I guess, if she is refering to what I think she is refering to: Something I read on a different forum : CR and S Ellis, I believe I read it is an undertaking of theirs.
  21. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    A bloke who gave me my first info on NI's had a MAHUSSIVE GSD he reckoned it was half timber wolf I must admit i did laugh once he had gone, he didn't tell me how much he paid for max but he did say he was a small fortune :roll: