Norsky pups Discussions

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Louise13, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    .. by the same token you could say :
    ''mother is a wolf grey and polar bear white inuit and father is a panther black and polar bear white delphinium blue eyed husky'' :mrgreen:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    LMAO! Am loving it :) We need more poetic colour descriptions of dogs!!!
  4. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    In malamutes colour is registered as wolf grey
  5. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Really? How interesting. That makes much more sense then :)

Just LOVING the descriptive colours. Do other colours in Mals have prefix-description things?
  6. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Or any other breed for that matter?

And yes, that would be me going off on a tangent again ;)
  7. cayugawolf

cayugawolf New Member

Name:
    Lynn
    sure I saw brindle sibes in the last KC BRS........surley that shouldnt be possibe?? What do you think Mick?? Love all the "descriptive" red tones!!! Red, cinamon, apricot, chocolate.......sounds more like a sweet shop LOL

Lynn
  8. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    WHAT?!?!? Brindle is not possible!! :x :x :x
  9. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Neither is wheaten in a Dobermann but my friends registrations came back as 3 wheaten bitches!!:shock:
  10. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    I don't know enough about colour genetics to say it definitively isn't possible (no matter how incredibly unlikely), but I've never seen or heard of a brindle sibe.
    Mind you, if you bred a sibe with a brindle Akita Inu you might get a dodgy brindle crossbreed which looked vaguely sibelike - Husky Inu anyone??? (Only joking - I hope it doesn't give anyone any ideas!!!)

Mick
  11. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    It could be possible that they have mistaken Agouti colouring for Brindle colouring. They can look very similar when pups are little.

Gemmsie
    x
  12. cayugawolf

cayugawolf New Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Never thought of that........if it was a first time sibe litter for a novice breeder who had experience of "brindle" producing breeds.........

Lynn
  13. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Have you any pic's of this colour, as pups and as adults?

In fact maybe it would be interesting to post pic's of reg colours for both Mal and Husky breeds, just for comparison? :grin:

As far as I am concerned red is red, white is white, grey is grey etc.
  14. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    We once had two white piebald bitches who we fed (for a short time) on one of the quality complete foods (which apparently at the time contained beetroot). They turned a lovely "salmon pink" shade - or was it "light rose?"

Mick
  15. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    LMAO! That's awful! I accidentally died one of the terriers a nice shade of pink when i dropped red wine on it. And we have a runnign joke about Patches' orange "bolognaise beard".
  16. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Selkie dyed herself blue once chewing a blue pen and lying on the ink, I spread the rest about when I tried to wash her... So embarrassing she was a lovely powder blue shade and people kept asking me why I had dyed her that colour!

Also when she was a pup I fed her on pedigree chum, knowing no better, and she went an odd shade of yellow to orange. We checked her for everything to get rid of it, in the end a change of diet removed the colour. Pedigree chum use far too strong colours in their food and dyed her coat from inside out!

She's back to her lovely white now thankfully:)
  17. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    *GROAN*

Remember this thread??