A New Rescue - GSD x Mal General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Efes123, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    She is beautiful but not seeing any Malamute (or Northern breed) in there - love her serious face :) :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. youngstevie

youngstevie

Have to say he does look stunning, I hope he finds a ever loving home;-)

Well done to you for rescuing:lol:
  4. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Know what you mean, but in the flesh I can see some. Maybe it's just that it's been put into my head, but her body shape, and constitution of coat have shades of Mal. Her colouring is definitely leaning towards GSD. To be honest, when we were looking the sex, age, and temperament (especially towards cats) were the most important things. The fact that she was advertised as a cross GSD, Mal was a benefit, as this would hopefully give her the same characteristics as Kopek.
  5. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Just noticed you own BCs. The rescue centre said that Howard reminded them of one. Not for his looks, but because of his temperament, very intelligent, loves agility and ball games, and very energetic.
  6. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    A new picture of Malli:

[​IMG]

And the old one for those who missed it

[​IMG]
  7. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    She is very pretty - she reminds me very much of some of the old old Blue Peter dogs :) :) (Still seeing no Mal - not enough bone, head structure, ear shape etc all wrong)

She looks much much happier in the top photo and totally relaxed - did she settle very quickly??
  8. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    I know the one you mean, Petra?

Aye, any Mal in her isn't very strong, but she has the curled tail when she's excited, and all the same characteristics as Kopek. Might not be Mal of course, that's just what the rescue centre said, but with her tail, and thickness of coat she's definitely got some sort of 'northern' dog in her.

She has settled in fantastically well, I can't believe she's done it so quickly. Even the cat has now accepted her, saw them sniffing each other last night.

She must have had some bad experience, she is very quick to cower if I raise my voice, poor girl. I suppose it'll take a while for her to realise she's with us to stay, and not to be afraid.
  9. dori-katie

dori-katie New Member

Name:
    Sarah-Jane Ruthwell
    She is lovely. Beautiful face :mrgreen:
  10. Gellygoo

Gellygoo New Member

Name:
    Gillian or Gill whichever
    Aww she's lovely. And she does look nice and relaxed in the new photo, very at home!
  11. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    She looks like she has settled in really quickly, looks very happy, well done for giving her a forever home xx
  12. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
  13. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie

That's the one - so glad you knew the name as I have been trying and trying to remember!!!