German Shepherds - English v German? Controversial

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Moobli, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Tess sounds like she was a wonderful dog. You must miss her dreadfully.

I am sure you will find that Tala will settle as she gets a bit older and you start obedience training with her. I have found that Yogi is more of a handful than Flame - she was an angel pup and has been a very easy dog all the way through her life :grin: but I did want a dog with a bit more get up and go, so am more than happy with Yogi. I do worry about the scale in working trials, but the trainer is very experienced and has already met Yogi and said we will wait quite some time before training him to jump - and I will also have his hips x-rayed before starting him on jumps.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks for all the pics Dyane. I especially like the last two dogs. I also like most of the Foxfolds (and loved Flame's sire Foxfold Vagabond) and love that German working line dog in the link you posted.

Longcoats will always be my fav although I want a shepherd to look like a shepherd, and unfortunately some of the dogs bred for coat as well as temp, health etc don't look enough like their standard counterparts but with a longer coat (sorry waffling, but I am sure you know what I mean!) ... but I do like many of the working lines too.
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Not at all Julie, she was such a gorgeous girl, with such a great temperament. You will have to dip your toe into the GSD pool again before too long.
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Where did your pup come from Basky? Kazeti pups are capable of anything :) I know of at least one older brother to Yogi that competes in Schutzhund :) I have also just looked at Yogi's parents on the pedigree database and both have many Schutzhund dogs in their pedigree.

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/454208.html
    http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/452615.html

I meant to also say that Kazeti are in Leicestershire.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2008
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Thanks Pam for all the facts and figures, it all makes eye-opening and interesting reading. I do have Malcolm Willis' genetics books but haven't had a good look through it for ages.
  7. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Not like longcoats??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

From the photos I have seen of Daisy I wouldn't have said she came from Lornaville lines. Here are some pics of Lornaville dogs ... you will see how heavy they are :-(

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~juleaman/Page3.htm

I am sure you are right Claire about there being good and bad examples in all the different types.
  8. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Lovely looking dogs Pam.
  9. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Both have gorgeous heads. I walked a number of English show GSDs in the 80s from the Wellknowe Kennels and I have to say they helped me fall even more deeply in love with the breed. I wouldn't have said (from memory) that they were as heavy as the Lornaville type and I do definitely remember they had impeccable temperaments.
  10. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I have to agree with Archer. I don't really understand what you mean by you couldn't afford his pedigree?

Do you have any pics of your boy?
  11. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty

Ooh a gorgeous working longcoat :049: :049: :049: Thanks Mish.

Here is another that I adore (unfortunately he is no more, but his progeny are).

http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/506724.html

My ex's working police bitch sounds very much like Iska - small, compact and as quick as a speeding bullet :grin:
  12. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
  13. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Nice pic of Cox, Skilaki :)

I am sorry but don't know the Norshep lines.

Thanks for Ashley's pedigree - she has some good dogs behind her. I have seen pics of her now and she is a stunner. The same kennel also has an all black longcoat from working lines :)

I agree - am loving seeing all the different types.
  14. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    She is looking lovely, her coat looks fab :)
  15. talassie

talassie New Member

Name:
    Irena
    Regarding the scale Moobli, I believe that if you can get the dog to sort of scramble down the other side it is better for him than launching from the top.
  16. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I think if you can get the dog to scramble down the other side it is better for him.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will remember that. He is a very large and heavy pup, so I think is going to be a big-boned, oversize male ... but we shall see. He is utterly fab whatever! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
  18. skilaki

skilaki

Name:
    -
  19. basky

basky New Member

Name:
    kate
    mine is from the hollies in nantwich:
    http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/gsd/pedigree/20962.html
    i told kazeti what i wanted a dog for and she didnt really say anything. they had a really aggressive dog there with pups too which put me off.
    molly doesn't look like any of them tho cause she's long coated.
  20. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    I am sorry you didn't have a positive experience with Kazeti. I couldn't have been more pleased. I met a few of their adult dogs (including my pup's parents) and they all had fabulous temperaments. When I mentioned what I wanted a dog for (ie to do working trials) Karen from Kazeti was extremely helpful and told me which of the upcoming litters for that year would be suitable for my needs and actually chose the most forward and outgoing pup in the litter for me.

Are you getting Kazeti mixed up with another breeder, as you mentioned Derbyshire (when they are actually in Leicestershire)?

Have you any photos of your own dog? :)
  21. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    this photo looks so much like the only pup I got from a breeder (all others were rescues) who was by Gottesland Fanto (german line). She was a complete Moo! But very intelligent and loyal. No hereditary health problems at all.
    [​IMG]