Breed choice (what are NIs like as pets) General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Skooshbag, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Well a NI is a big mix of breeds - no one is totally 100% exactly what went into it in the first place and a Huskamute is a crossbreed between two different breeds: a husky and a malmute. You can look any of those up on breed profiles on the internet or even wikipedia. Hope that helps.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Sorry have only just realised you own a huskamute so i assume you knew what one was, wasn't trying to patronise if that's the case with my post.
  4. ingi

ingi New Member

Name:
    Jonathan
    no prob Woodstock.
  5. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Hi a Huskamute is a cross of just 2 different breeds, where as the NI has several breeds in it including strays of unknown origin, and many people are mislead into believeing they are a breed of perfect health, instead of the crosses they are and that they will get KC recogntion which will never happen.

I was one of these people that believed that NI's where a breed of perfect health..... how wrong could I have been :-(
  6. ingi

ingi New Member

Name:
    Jonathan
    :-( I am sad to hear that. What health issues have you had?
  7. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Oh lord you really know how to pick topics LOL!!!! Just a warning but you are about to stir up an ants nest with that one! :mrgreen:
  8. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ingi
    I am sad to hear that. What health issues have you had?

Oh lord you really know how to pick topics LOL!!!! Just a warning but you are about to stir up an ants nest with that one!

Yes i would recommend rather than us pursuing that question on this thread just have a read through the other NI threads in this section.
  9. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    A bitch that I had was found to be a carrier of epilepsy after she a her 2nd litter with me, while she was pregnant her sister started fitting, after the pups were born 2 of her son's from her first litter also started fitting, both son's were pts. I fostered one of these son's and went through a night of him fitting, he had 11 in total. The bitch had 4 pups, one was pts at 24hrs old due to a cleft palet, the other 3 were re-homed and are under contract that they are to be neutered, I can only hope that none of them have epilepsy.

I also know a few people that have had to have there pups pts because of inhereted disorders, and one that died suddenly in her sleep at 12months old, she was my first NI foster.
  10. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma

So why on earth did u breed if you had doubts or maybe the money was to appealing! :roll:
  11. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Sorry missed this post :blush:

Prob a good idea though :grin:
  12. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Where did I say I had doubts before I bred her :?
  13. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    So your trying to say that you properly looked at the lines and did all your research properly?
    Oh did u just think of the money you would gain?
    I actually sat and worked out the other day how much someone would earn off a litter if not done properly so u must have been loving it especially to breed from her twice :roll:
    Its alright preaching about how bad the breed is how unhealthy they are but i do hope you understand by having 2 litters from a unhealthy bitch you have actually helped make the breed worse!
    So before getting on your high horse about how terrible everyone else is look at your own track record!
  14. ingi

ingi New Member

Name:
    Jonathan
    OMG i have started something here you were right Razcox.

In Cheyenne's defence she did say she did not know about the epilepsy before she bred her bitch and has put in place a contract to stop any further breding from the pups.

I think i may opt out of this one now i have got it going ;-)
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    LOL thats it..throw in the fireworks then run for cover LOL:lol:

If its any consolation.. it doesn't take much to start the NI wars
  16. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Get your facts right sweetheart :roll:

It states on my website that ALL pups I sell will have their first vacc, be micro chipped, vet checked, have 6wks free insurence, are wormed, go with a blanket and a puppy pack.
  17. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Umm thats a bit rich coming from you as you seem to be one of the main contributors, look how well the thread asking for names went!
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

Oh get over yourself..did you miss all the smiley faces and LOL's??????

Watch that halo don't slip and choke you!
  19. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    LOL, no you're not rude AT ALL are you?
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    No... whats rude about that??

Or do you really have a halo??
  21. Anne