Is there a place for cheaper Husky look a likes? Controversial

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by inkliveeva, Dec 18, 2008.

1. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

Is there a place for cheaper Husky look a likes?

wondered what the general view bon this was...think about it now before you argue the case against other like breeds :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    What do mean husky look a likes?
    Like Isis?x
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    If you think Isis looks like a husky and your happy with that, then yes...Inka often gets called a Husky lolxx
  5. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    She is a 1/4 husky and has the build of one but obviously proper husky's are better looking than my monster :lol:
  6. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Aw but that would be why look a likes would be cheaper, and shes not a monster...
    when my daughter and I were at a show in dundee there was a beautiful black n white husky there, he was huge though, my daughter was determined he was an N.I, I ended up going over and saying to the lady what a beautiful Husky, there we got his history, a beautiful big boy x
  7. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Not really sure what you mean either Inki. Do you mean a Husky x ?
  8. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Are you talking about people breeding dogs that look a bit like huskies but sell them cheeper??

there is a place for that - rescues
    No place to support 'breeders' trying to make a new breed just to be cheeper than the origonal breed
  9. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    Loads of huskies in rescues ...
  10. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    I agree - there is no shortage of rescue Siberians. There is a ready supply created by the indiscriminate breeding of any old dog to any old bitch by puppy farmers, backyard breeders and naive/greedy "pet" breeders, and the subsequent sale of the pups to ill-prepared and naive new owners. After 10 months or so the cute puppy turns into a bouncy teenager and the dog comes into rescue.

Contact The Siberian Husky Welfare Association (UK) and you could have a real husky for a donation of £100 - mind you, we are a lot more choosy about who we rehome our dogs to than are the puppy farmers etc., so be prepared for the third degree and a home check.

Mick
  11. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I adore Husky's & would have one in a heartbeat if only you could trust them off lead :cry:
  12. Matt and Vikki

Matt and Vikki New Member

Name:
    Matt
    Brilliantly said :grin:

The same is true of malamutes

http://www.malamuterescue.org.uk/index.htm

It is something I was gravely concerned about, however there are so many hundreds of other fun things to do, it just fires you imagination to come up with other exciting activities to do with your dog, we do backpacking, scootering, bikejooring, rig racing, agility, advanced obedience, ring craft, hydro therapy, and occasionally canicross, i am sure there is even more that we haven't tried yet :grin:
  13. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I i wanted a Husky i would get a husky or go to a rescue to get one. Money doesn't enter into it, but then i wouldn't buy a cheap knock off of anything :)
  14. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

You've lost me:lol:. Do you mean deliberately breeding dogs to look like huskies or re-naming some wolf lookalikes because some people say they look like huskies? :101::101::101:.
  15. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Do you still breed Mick ?...
    I have absolutely no intention of ever owning a Husky...
    Passed my home check for another EBT with flying colours though...
    My friend recently re homed on of your boys...Neeko :)
  16. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Any of the above LS, don't worry I'm not going to try to start a new husky look a like , just wondered what the overall view was, as stinky even though imo he looks nothing like a husky gets taken for one all the time, or gets called a snow dog, must be the big curly tail xx
  17. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Agreed with most of the others on here. If you are talking about essentially creating a new breed then i don't see the point. If i wanted a husky i would buy a husky (or rather rescue one). Up front cost shouldn't really be a deciding factor in which breed to choose from and if the upfront cost is too much, there are plenty of wolfie/husky/sibey looking dogs in rescue.
  18. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thanks for your post woodstock :) totally agree xx
  19. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Very occasionally

You don't know what you're missing! :grin: :grin:

Is that Mandy? Neeko seems to be settling in really well!

Mick
  20. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I'd get a husky. :grin:

Why was he re-homed?
  21. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    I'm not sure! He wasn't a SHWA dog that I was personally involved with.

Mick