Wolf dog shot in head General Chat

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Are you seriously telling me that it will work that way?!
    Even me someone who has never bred can see that things dont work like that!
    So what will happen to all the crosses that have health problems and dont have the temperement of the NI?
    Will they be shot or maybe given to some gulible breeder to use or even better put in a pet home until it does some serious damage?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    With absolutely no thanks to you I am pleased to say I do not have alot of experience of dogs having epilepsy apart from one of my friends dogs that suffers from it. Not an NI by the way but a lab x who I have unfortunately witnessed him having a fit. Yes my friend has other dogs but keeps him apart from the others when not with the dogs.

That is what I would have done and god forbid Sacha ever suffers from the condition I would do everything and I mean everything I could to keep her alive and living a happy life.

Guess me and you value dogs lives differently.
  4. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Excuse me dearie but I am not whinging! I have devoted the last eight years to this breed - its been almost the centre of my life for that time. I have put my and soul and more into this breed.

I am absolutely furious that we were lied to from the start and everyone out there are breeding from dogs that on average equate to 12.5% coefficiency - which is half brother half sister to you! Many out there are 50%. The few that appear better are probably not - since one kennel name dominates. I have this is black and white from the top authority in the country who has spent considerable time studying the pedigrees - and he says that because of the lack of genetic diversity the future doesn't look promising. So, I think I have a right to be mad!

The only way to save the situation is to take the animals that I have and to outcross.
  5. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra

You didn't answer my question about your dogs?

and if there is any problem with any of your dogs - the blame lies on JKs shoulders for selling me the brood bitches, advising me on the studs to use and NOT telling me about the epilepsy!
  6. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra

Yes it does work like that - and again I would refer you to the genetics page of my website.

It takes two carriers to produce an affected - so by outcrossing to non-carriers a problem can be bred out.
  7. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Honest to god it'd be laughable if it wasn't so serious the NI was the dogs bollox they are now out of favour so hey lets cross it with a sarloos that is not so great in temperament and see what happens and yet no-one understands why the breed itself is a laughing stock!
    It's like watching kids play they all want what someone else has got but yet when they get it its not that great so they move onto something else :roll:
    These are dogs not toys i know breeders look at it differently but the concept is still the same.
    They rely on us for food, shelter, companionship and to be loved and what do we do we exploit them for all they are worth it makes me sick to my stomach that people who claim to love the breed and will do the best for them cannot see further than their bank balance!
  8. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

But you need a genetic test to be certain that the other dog is a non-carrier. There isn't one yet. We are actively trying to get one by submitting samples but it is some way off at the moment.

You can guess from pedigrees and line information that the dog used for outcrossing isn't affected but it isn't conclusive.
  9. abbie

abbie Member

Name:

Sorry I must have missed it what exactly did you ask about my dogs.

And no if there was any problem with my dogs then I would blame the breeder which with 2 of them is you.
  10. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    What a crock of ****
  11. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    I often wonder what the Poodle world is like :roll:
  12. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    So why have you got them ?
  13. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    At this precise moment - looks are the last thing on my mind - I am more concerned with improving the health - all this is on my website.
  14. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I got shila because i liked the look of her i got isis as a rehome and again i liked the look of her the difference is my 2 will be spayed and not bred from over and over again just because i can
  15. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    I've also read and been told be by experts in the field that it takes two carriers to produce epilepsy.
  16. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Now that is one dog I would never own a poodle, euuuww not my cup of tea.
    My biggest concern is the dogs but are we heading towards another pitbull scenario with inexperienced people owning this dogs and causing huge problems.
    I so wanted a saarloos when I ever get another but just cant see me having a wolfie dog will be one of the other 3 breeds I love.
  17. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra

Try reading all this again. Speaking for myself, my dogs are not exploited. Most of the ones on my website are neutered and have been for years!
  18. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Ok dokay then :lol: :lol:
    As interesting as this thread isn't im off 2 bed it gets tiring reading the same crap over and over again
  19. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    No it isn't conclusive - but using dogs from lines that have not been affected and are totally different breed and breeding - its got to be a heck of a lot less risky than putting two NIs together.
  20. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    aha I remember now - you had a problem with understanding genetics before didn't you?

No point in flogging a dead horse then.
  21. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Yes me 2 gotta catch my blimmin chinchillas first, why o why did I let them out?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.