Wolf dog shot in head General Chat

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    I hope you enjoyed it ;-) :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    How do we know this kennel is such a great one? As has been pointed out to me on here before, it is not because someone has a good website and dogs that have been shown at Crufts etc that means the breeders are good ones?
  4. Daysleeper40

Daysleeper40 New Member

Serious question - do you honestly believe that?

Do you really think the best course of action was taken with these animals and the unfortunate outcome was simply bad luck?
  5. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz

Apparently she does, surprised the hell out of me too :shock:
  6. katie1630

katie1630 New Member

Name:
    Claire
    No animal of any age should be starving to death
  7. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    And me!! :shock: :shock:
  8. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    I find it hard to believe that anyone could think he has done nothing wrong.

He has stated on his website that Genova is in pup because it was impossible to prevent it!!

What is going to happen in the future. Is she going to have pups everytime she comes into season for the rest of her life if he finds it impossible to prevent?

It appears to me that his kenells and enclosures are not of sufficient standard to accomodate this type of dog. If they were then there would be no excuse for escape and accidental litters.

If his dog can escape from his enclosures then of course they could also escape from the whole property. I would hope that future owners are advised of their capabilities of escaping from a presumably secure area.

My thoughts are that he obviously hasn't researched the breed enough. If he had then you would expect him to have provided adequate facilities for them to prevent escape and unwanted litters.

Just because a kennels appear to be clean doesn't guarantee that it is a perfect kennel.
  9. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    From what I read from what you write Dawn I just cant see you importing 7 dogs to breed. Wether advised or not.
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    A little off topic but relevant to what you said above:
    Do you think it is wise to consider using Reba's brother as a stud next year? Her nature having been such that you feared she may attack people (which was obviously a just concern), surely this 'temprement' issue could be a family trait? I heared the male wears a muzzle when out as he is 'unpredictable' with people and other dogs.
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I honestly do think he has had bad luck yes. I also think he went to one of the worlds most respected breeders, met the dogs, and the breeder came here too to introduce him to the dogs and get to know them before she left. ALL on his site for you to read.

I will say again, I would NOT breed Saarloos, but I do appreciate the fact that they are mature bitches of a breed that comes into season just once a year, and given the fact he wants to breed these dogs, their health tests are in place, they are fit obviously due to the requirements of travelling, I personally cannot see why mating them was wrong. I do see that there have been unforseen consequences yes, of course I do, but I dont think he did anything "wrong" with regard to his original intentions. dont forget breeders import bitches in whelp, how could that be any better?
  12. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    It wasn't just a fear that Reba would bite someone. Reba did bite Sandra quite badly from what I remember. That was the reason she was rehomed.
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    No I wouldnt, youre right, and Im not "defending" him, he doesnt need it, Im just passing my personal opinion on. You know how strict I am about breeding dogs, but in this case I dont see what was wrong with bringing in bitches to mate, then mating them, that was the whole idea. I have openly said on his forum he breeds too much for me, thats my opinion, Im sure he respects that otherwise my post would of been removed, he will allow differing opinions, why wouldnt he? He is answering you isnt he and you have caused this thread. :grin: Youre not banned, nor being targeted.

Why dont you ask him Abbie?

And because they are full of s**t, wringing wet and stinking doesnt either! :evil:
  14. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I've heard that happen with inexperienced breeders, but a professional?

The dogs are a commodity, sadly. The determination to breed immediately has resulted in the death of one dog and the disappearance of another, in my opinion.
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Didnt Brodie bite Luz? do you think this was a good temperament to breed from, and especially when one of her pups from her first litter (mated as a baby to JK's dog with full consent) is up for rehoming and she has aggressive tendancies towards dogs, so did her mother. Luz also rehomed Brodie stating she was not be homed with children or other dogs, do you think that was a good temperament to breed from, and we are not talking siblings here, we are alking abut the actual dog!!
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    It is easy to pretend you are a decent breeder, you know making the right noises etc but the proof is in 'actions speak louder than words'.
  17. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Because like others have said I would refuse to give out my address and phone number to join a forum, especially one belonging to a person who's practices I disagree with.

I fully agree with your second paragraph, but have never visited anyone with kennels that are in this state. The only person that I have visited who's place was full of **** and stinking kept her dogs in a wash room at the back of the house and didn't have any kennels.
  18. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Oh I dunno, someone called her "an annoying ...? ... " :lol: for showing concerns over the number of litters some of these dogs will have.

Never mind kcjack - you're not bothered, are you? :lol: .
  19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Im pleased you agree but take a look at the pics I posted of a certain persons kennels, then even now at the filthy mould ridden plastic bed the poor puppies are in!:evil:
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Nah she's not bothered, she is one of the few that DOES ask questions to the relevant people.
  21. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I do not know if Brodie bit Luz and if she did , I do not know the circumstances as I have said to you before. I do not think that any dog with temprement issues should be bred from. The question asked of SC is valid and relevant to the post she made on here and I have it from good authority that the dog himself does have temprement issues. Lets be serious now Dawn, SC has done many things that go against your 'usual' prinicples but you seem to allow her that luxury.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.