Wolf dog shot in head General Chat

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

But Carlic was put to more than one of these bitches.

As I said before, I commend Charlie for realising this. What is important now is making sure these girls' needs are taken care of to avoid, God forbid, another one that they don't feel able to rehabilitate. This is another of my concerns for the bitch that has escaped - and her pups, that it is felt that they can't be rehabilitated if they are found. I hate that word (rehabilitated) but you get what I mean?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    but then surely charlie as an expert on the breed would have know what a huge risk he was taking?

I know my breed inside out, but still would not import 7 bitches at the same time then breed them within weeks of getting them, more so if they were semi wild and a very shy breed.

surely that insight into the breed alone should have made him hang back?

Yes poss two even three bitches, but 7? it screams urgency to produce pups to me.

my view is he would have done far better taking two dogs and spending more time with them,

I think this chap is spreading himself very thin on the ground and the dogs are suffering for it.

I can just imagine the flack I would get on this forum if I had done something like that.
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

thought charlie was an expert...surely experienced breeders would not make such an error...
    and i have already asked this but what exactly is the gene pool for saraloos in britain ?
  5. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Exactly! I'm glad someone else sees it!

At the end of the day, it is the dogs that suffer while people 'learn' ...
  6. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

In fact, Carlic was also put to Sark, and then Rossa was also put to Sark (again).:-( Any pups will be given a DNA test to discover who was the sire!!!
  7. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    You know the English Channel isn't so wide - these dogs have pet passports so its not impossible to go back to Europe for a mating and there is also such a thing as AI.
  8. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I wonder how many Saarloos breeders there are in this country? And how many dogs they own between them? If anyone knows an accurate number, I would be interested to know. Thanks.
  9. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Also a pet passport is around £280 PER dog and involves a few trips to the vets for the initial vacs and tests then yearly as well.
  10. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    How many reputable Saarloos breeders would allow their dogs to be crossed with an unrecognised breed? Or any breed for that matter? I would guess non.
  11. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Still wanting to know whats gonna happen when the remaining 6 are past breeding age, which sounds to me, isnt far off
  12. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Were these dogs bred before they came here in July?
  13. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
  14. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Really. So you are saying that these admittidly ferile dogs (one of which is missing and neither her nor her pups can be found) could have been put in a car, taken across the channel and mated and then brought back. Or been able to have AI. I think not.
  15. Sansorrella

Sansorrella

Name:
    Sandra
    Don't know much then do you :lol:
  16. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    The only Saarloos breeder I can find when I google it is CW and anyone connected to him!!!??!? Says something doesnt it!! I also found several adverts of Viva Street!!! Not a place you would expect to find an advert!

On another note...why advertise that you are breeding if you have a massive waiting list for your puppies? Actually why advertise at all? Surely if you are a good breeder your good reputation gives you a waiting list??

its just ££££££££££££££££££s and more £££££££££££££s

AGAIN!! I feel sorry for the dogs :(
  17. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Thats a good point, if you are breeding as you have all these waiting lists why is he advertising everywhere?
  18. Cheyenne

Cheyenne

Name:
    Marie
    Nothing new there then :lol: :lol:
  19. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    Good point Abbie!!

How the hell do you get feral dogs into a car?? LOL :grin: :grin:

AND

If you cannot get near them to have the PTS how the hell are you going to give AI LOL :grin: :grin:

It just gets more ridiculous!
  20. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Thanks for the answer. Some good, valid points raised.
  21. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

What a dreadful scenario. :-(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.