Wolf dog shot in head General Chat

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by kcjack, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Thats what I feel only you put in better than me :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Its not a silly question Kc...
    Did you manage with the leo without resorting to shooting him ?:)
  4. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    He had a buster collar on so was a tad easier so we saved a bullet.
  5. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Well put, thank you.
  6. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Wonder if he couldv'e offered the dog to Shaun Ellis or even asked for Shauns advise, wonder if Shaun will detract the letter about Charlie being great when he finds out how easy he finds it to get rid of a dog, wonder if there are any others that went the same way, we will never know, if his kennel was a kiddies nursey it wouldv'e been dug up by now...
  7. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  8. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Why is it deemed necessary to bring this dog described as "requiring understanding, very shy, unable to adapt, pack bond early, find it difficult to accept new people, fearful and appearing un-tamable and with very variable temperaments" into this country.

Do we really need it when there must be enough breeds and cross breeds to accommodate every bodies requirements.
  9. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    Because everybody thinks they want one. What they think the breed is and what they actually are not necessarily the same. The Saarloos can be the best companion you will ever meet but if you want a dog that thinks you are great just because you exist then get a dog not a wolfdog.

Of course you quote selectively, but then the discussion here is of one dog that was shot because it was said to be aggressive. Not sure if it ever bit anyone or not though. Of course you dont needit.
  10. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Even more worryingly, it is intended by some to cross the Sarloos with NI. Who knows what we could end up with temprement wise.
  11. wolfdogowner

wolfdogowner New Member

Name:
    I don't think there is anything to suggest that any other Saarloos in England have temperament problems, nor any evidence that breeding with NI will do anything other than bring out a more dog like personality that people might be better equipped to handle.
  12. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Tania laska N.I and carlic saraloo have already had a litter, so it is already going on...
  13. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    N.I's have their fair share of problems as it is, and already people have said how agressive N.I bitches are being used, bringing out a more dog like personality by using an N.I just begs belief :)
  14. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Are there any crosses that have reached adulthood yet? Could become a problem if there are a lot of litters planned and then there turns out to be an issue with temprement upon reaching maturity.

I have read that there can be issues with wolfdogs upon reaching maturity, although I think they are direct crosses and in other countries so far.
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Elaine, WHEN I see a post I will answer it, please stop repeating yourself, I havent been here for the last couple hours!:roll:

If a dog posed a considerable threat to human danger and in view of those circumstances shooting the dog was the safest option, yes I would. I think all cases should be treated on their merits.
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    ?????????????
  17. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    You were still on when I asked no need to jump, I knew you'd be back...so you would shoot an agressive BT then ?
    question markz regarding the mating above, the pics are on charlies site for all to see, pups were born july I think ...
  18. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    It was the spelling, SARALOO!! it did make me smile though!:grin: Saraloo are hired porta-loos round here!!
  19. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I have to laugh i dont mean any offence by it but i cant stop picturing cujo but instead of a st bernard (sp) he's a rabid border terrier :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I know its a serious matter but it did make me laugh :blush: x
  20. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    wtf is that about............... you got somit wrong with your throat maryann,.:roll:
  21. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

That doesn't look too likely. In the diary of 24 November, it says that they are apparently looking at crossing some Sarloos dogs with wolves, the progeny possibly be used for future breeding or as working dogs in central Europe. Blind people and autistic people were mentioned as wolves are: "far more emotionally ‘in-tune’ with it’s human companion than a regular dog."

Is nobody concerned that a pregnant bitch 'escaped' in Devon and has now had her pups 'somewhere' and they haven't located the den? If these dogs are already quite feral, what on earth is going to happen to them all?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.