Looking to get a NI General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by monosyllabic, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

YES but most good breeders use outside stud dogs that compliment their bitch...and wait until the first litter have MATURED not just turning a year!! to see what they are getting..before repeating..
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    It's not an easy task :lol:

Not every NI breeder is in it for the money, regardless of what's been said, but I do see where you're coming from though. If I was new to the NI breed I'd certainly be put off from having a pup after reading everything that's been posted on the internet.
  4. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    2 more post and you will be able too lol
  5. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    LOL it can be a bit over whelming but with money talking to some people in every breed its best to do LOTS of homework. I would say met the dogs (Of which ever breed) and let them do the talking!

Also there is a resuce section on the NIS webpage if you want to have a look or get in touch with the rescue co-ordinator for a chat.
  6. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    I guess i will just have to wait and try and find a breed that i am happy with but I will always keep and eye out for ni's that need re homed.
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    How many litters has this breeder had? Does this breeder have a website? How many years have these kennels been around for?
  8. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Get posting then :lol: :lol: :lol:
  9. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    LOL i agree, poor bloke is going to be snowed under with PM's ;)
  10. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    20th post lol
  11. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    All I am going to say to you is this. There is back biting/stabbing etc in every breed (including cats and I am sure other animals). There are health probs in every breed andbad and good breeders in every breed. So I am glad you haven't ruled out the NID altogether. If you are thinking of rehoming a NID I would contact the NIS, there is a rescue coordinator who would be able to help you.
  12. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Off you go everyone, I'm sure this poor man has nothing better to do with his evening other than reading loads of PM's :lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    I am not trying to be smart here (cause im not lol) but why don't some of you that seem to know the problems get together and start a breeding network/club for these dogs. You could then set out some breeding standards like lenght of time between matings and inbreeding.
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Google the name..and the site will come up
  15. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Not being smart..being clever...

Its all been said before though:002:
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I think you will find that there are alot of 'fabricated' problems to justify the use of 'other breeds' in these dogs. People claiming to do just what you have suggested. Of course there are issues in every breed, there is no 'perfect' breed. However, the NID is here to stay if other people wish to introduce new breeds (infact this has been happening for about 2 yrs + anyhow, ) then so beit, but they should not fabricate that it is for the good of the NID breed. That is personal opinion.
  17. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I think its our moral responsibility to check these breeding dogs are living in good conditions not appaling ones and stuck in concrete kennels.
    If people stop buying then the breeders have to take there head out of the sand and improve there breeding ethics that is more in the interest of the dogs.
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I don't need to PM him..I could open the window and shout..and he might hear me..I have a big mouth apparently
  19. monosyllabic

monosyllabic New Member

Name:
    Ben
    If i had the land and money to set up kennels and knowlege of what goes in to being a good breeder i would do it.
    I have to go to bed now but it have been a very eye opening evening for me and i hope in the future i could do something about this.
    Good night
  20. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Wish there was more people like you mono breeding Ni's
  21. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    I'm going to be a really good girl and not say anything :lol: