Illegal dog breeds? Controversial

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by tawneywolf, Oct 9, 2008.

1. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    Can someone explain why everyone is so confused??

NI, Utangon etc etc are DOGS or to be more specific a cross breed the same as a labradoddle or a cockerpoo. There is (in my opinion) no WOLF in these dogs there is however Collies, Siberian Huskies, GSD's, Malamutes in them these are also DOGS! The same as a SARLOOS is a DOG so why on earth would you need a licence for one!!?!

Its just alot of clever marketing by greedy greedy people to make a dog look like a wolf and charge alot of people stupid amounts of money for them. If people want them they only have to go to the local rescue centre and see the hundreds of wolf a like DOGS in there!

Im sure there was some research done of the actual amount of wolf dogs in this country and they could not find any that were claimed to be.

*Im just off to find the link
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Julio

Julio New Member

Name:
    Jules
    nor would I:grin: :grin: :grin:
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Hi Julio :grin: welcome to Dogsey :grin:

Just curious, can I ask why you chose to get a SWH Cross rather than a full SWH? Hope you don't mind me asking that? No offence intended, I am just curious.
  5. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    A letter which specifically refers to the document I quoted...that letter you mean??????
  6. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
    LOL Werewolf why did you get a northen inuit and not a siberian husky!! :)

Personal choice......?????????
  7. Julio

Julio New Member

Name:
    Jules
    if you notice there are many references to others, Sarloos, CsV, Labrador, Springer spaniel, Doberman, labradoodles, cockerpoos, springerdors and others
  8. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble

No need to look it is in the document I posted a link to...look at the end of the document.

Utonogans and NIs have no wolf content at any point, other than your normal domestic dog wolf content that is. Saroloos and CWD have wolf content in their relatively recent ancestry (relatively recent when compared with most other breeds). NIs etc are just bred to look like wolves...not bred from them.
  9. suzy1b

suzy1b New Member

Name:
    suzy
    I agree they are generally wonderful dogs but if you were looking into buying a NID the allegations made on their forum would put you off, and bad breeding practices goes on in NI breeds as it does with others, BUT the health problems have not been proven, hearsay and the promise of evidence not yet produced.
  10. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Largely NIs though huh??????
    NIs have nothing to do with all this..here we go again methinks.:roll:
  11. suzy1b

suzy1b New Member

Name:
    suzy
    What about the number of litters they are producing? and are they doing all the health tests they say NI breeders are not?
  12. gemma riley

gemma riley New Member

Name:
    Ragapawz
  13. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    You should maybe asking these questions elsewhere as this is not an NI thread:001:
  14. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
  15. Julio

Julio New Member

Name:
    Jules
    what's an SWH - don't think I'm being stupid
  16. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Of course it is personal choice but to me there was a big diff between the managebility of a Husky and a NID regarding my personal circumstances.

What is benefit of having a SWH X rather than a full SWH? That is what I am curious about.
  17. Julio

Julio New Member

Name:
    Jules
    yes - read the highlighted clarification re. F3 Hybrids...
  18. suzy1b

suzy1b New Member

Name:
    suzy
    Lionhound - yes you are probably right - but most threads seem to go off topic don't they? I was asking about the Sarloos and CWD and various x's not NID

I also would like to know if there are some out there who think Sarloos and CWD should not be crossed with anything?
  19. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    Yes...read the document. One letter from one person does not change the LAW....
  20. Ramble

Ramble Member

Name:
    Ramble
    It really is VERY clear if you read all the relevant documents on the DEFRA site...it is also clear that they treat wolf hybrids in a different way to hybrids of other species, like cats.
    Read the document........
  21. Julio

Julio New Member

Name:
    Jules
    I have no axe to grind re. Northern Inuit Dogs. I own a springer, a terrier (unknown crossing - rescue) have rescued three indeterminate breeds previously, had another springer, a GSD. (my family have had dogs forever - always pedigree - I am the first to break away although my brother now has a sprocker!

I do own a 1/4 NI hybrid (1/2 Sarloos & 1/4 CvW) and am finding out more about NIs all the time, but I am not a one breed boy, nor after anyone's blood.

Is that enough of a wide view?