Can anyone explain this in a pedigree ???????? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Heather and Zak, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I also note its another very close pedigree :-(
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2008
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    You are right Dawn..it is an Affix..

Miyaca Silver Shadow

one of Mags Fosters dogs was a Miyaca affix aswell

BUT funnily enough the website I found promoting them are breeding BRITISH Inuits..
  4. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Very good point Catrin.

Spookle Please don;t be put off. Certain "wolfy" type dogs around here do create a lot of emotional postings. But to be fair, the same would be said for any breed or breeder where health problems are being noted or there are unscrupulous breeding practices going on and at the moment that is a very real debate in the world of the "wolfy" dog. Although, as shown on the pedigrees exposed programme, there are many KC recognised pedigrees that are also having problems.

I think the other main point why people may be "shot down" about becoming a prospective owner of a "wolf" type dog is that they are a very distinctive dog with very demanding needs and whoever thinks about taking one on has to realise this - i am sure you are but it is our duty as responsible doggy people to make sure that people are fully aware of this before committing themselves to a dog who they may later not be able to cope with and he will end up in rescue.

Anyways, your having huskies so it's not really the same deal as the current controversies over the NIs so please don't be put off.

BTW i find this ad very confusing and certainly quite worrying. That doesn't add much to the discussion i know but for once i actually have to go and do some work now :p
  5. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    One more thing - total butterfly brain today!
    Spookle - it's your phrase here that worries me:
    "they are not kc registered and most see this as a puppy mill,even though they are at least half the price as kc register and they are still pure bred"
    Price should not a determining factor on which pups to buy. To be fair the most expensive are not neccesarily going to be the best but if your pups are half the price of other kc registered ones it would be one of the first things to start rinigng puppy mill alarm bells in my head. Just my thoughts.

Oh and as for the breeding, having looked at the website, i think the confusion about the pedigree names etc really should be sorted out, even if it is just a "website" copy. It's things like this that even if totally innocent that can start creating confusion and suspicion in a breed (which we know already exists in NIs so why give anyone an opportunity?!) AND from a purely personal point of view i do not believe in mating the same bitch 3 years in a row. JMO.

Oh and one more thing - even the website admits that Nanook has patching which it states "is an undesirable trait" and she is "not a perfect example" so WHY BREED FROM HER?!!! Surely you wouldn't want to be encouraging that trait in a young developing breed? Surely you should be aiming for conformity?
  6. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Is Cabales registered with the NIS?
  7. Spookle

Spookle New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Hi, can i firstly say i am sorry for my out burst yeterday :blush: this is the fist time i will have ever owned a pure bred as we have always had rescue dogs over the past 15 years, the place where i used to get all my rescued dogs from has now been teamed with the RSPCA and we wanted to adopt a 4 month old lab bitch, we were told as we had young children about the house we couldn't have her because she would poo in front of them as she wasn't house trained yet, to say that my faith in the RSPCA faded is an under statement as i see her having a new home and not being left in a kennel if a house with older children or none at all was found for her would be what they wanted, the statement i made yesterday of . . . "they are not kc registered and most see this as a puppy mill,even though they are at least half the price as kc register and they are still pure bred"
    what i meant by that is that when i was looking at English bulldogs i found one litter at £1,000 each and another at £2,000 each, that is a big jump for the same breed and in my way of thinking the latter was more for money making purposes, so my first thought was puppy mill, when i went to see the Husky pups Linda took us round and we met her rescue huskies and we spent a good hour with her before we finally see our new little boy, i believe that all pure bred dogs should be registered and i also feel other things should be done to stop ppl from getting these dogs from puppies and then getting rid when the baby face has gone, i would like to learn more from breeders of pure breeds and breeding out of some health issues, i was always told from a young child that cross breeds were hardier and didn't get the health problems that pure breeds do, i feel more needs to be dne to educate some people and needs to be brought to the fore front so more people can see what is happening in the world of a gread animal

Thanx for reading if you got to the bottom

Rachel x
  8. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Yes they are
  9. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Does anyone know where some of these dogs are now?

Mahlek Magenta
    Mahlek Tala
    Mahlek Poco
    Mahlek po'co
    Mahlek manatu
    Mahlek T'Cante
    Mahlek Cougar
    Mahlek Kenkamken
  10. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I have issues with these two dogs.. surely you wouldnt have two names like that,..:?
  11. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    To Spookle - please be sure that your husky parents are hip scored and eye tested else you may end up with high vet bills in the future ..... a quality pup from healthy tested pups is an investment!
  12. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    Agreed!!!! Spookle i don't want to take this thread off topic but i am sorry the RSPCA left a bad taste in your mouth - unfortunately you are a perfect example of how OTT rules can put off or exclude a perfect rescue family.
    I guess i am just confused that you say you DO think all dogs should be registered, so why are you buying one that isn't? And as the others said you are a VERY brave person for taking on 2 young pups of such strong breeds at the same time. I am a very confident and experienced dog owner but i could not ever do that!
  13. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    agreed 100%.
  14. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Spookle

Badly breed pure breeds may be unhealthier than some cross breeds and mongrels.

BUT

The well bred pure bred is probably the most healthy of them all because the breeder will have spent years researching the breed and making dam sure that everything possible has been done to insure that only the very best and healthiest of dogs are bred from and that they are only matched with a partner that has the chance of producing pups even better than themselves.

AND

That is why some of us will council that people should buy from breeders like those described above, not saying you will not get a reasonable pup from some one who does not register but there is a chance that you will not, that the pup may not live up to your hopes and should never be bred from because you will know nothing of it's background.

EDIT to say I would never expect a responsible breeder to let two pups go to the same home at the same time, particularly a Spitz breed or one of the more independent breeds, even an experienced owner would not from choice have more than one at a time and many would not dream of tackling two Siberian, lovely dog but can be a real challenge.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  15. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I disagree with this, i don't think the pedigree is VERY close. My BIL springers have a lot more line and in breeding then this with the same studs appearing a number of times in all three peds. Same as the Whippetts and cocker peds i have seen. . . .
  16. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Apparently its one sibe and one Bichon..but any good breeder woudln't let two small pups go to the same home at the same time..(unless they don't know about the other)
  17. Woodstock

Woodstock New Member

Name:
    Vicky
    According to Spookle's earlier posts it's a sibe and shih tzu.
  18. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    We had a Husky and a Lasa that only had a year between them and they grew up great together. We did have an older cocker bitch that was the matron and kept them in hand though . . .
  19. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    bear in mind.. Mahlek Pawnee Ammik & Mahlek Poco are brothers

then... Mahlek Poco & Mahlek Tala were mated.. but they both have the same father..

Line breeding looks very diff to this....
  20. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I am sorry razcox but she cant be that great a breeder she either doesnt know who the mother is or cant fill out a pedigree properly which is it?
  21. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Sorry thought that they were both Sibs, must have jumped a line. Don't think this helps any, exercise will always be a problem.