Can anyone explain this in a pedigree ???????? General Chat

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Heather and Zak, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    Spookle People are bound to react strongly to what they feel or know is bad practise. When you ask for an opinion you presumably want an honest reply and sometimes you are not going to like it. However you don't have to take it you can choose, don't expect people who have given advice to like your ignoring it as they will believe their advice is sound and may even believe that your action in ignoring them is detrimental to a breed or dogs in general.

Give and take works both ways and although I do not condone rude or personal attacks to stand by ones principals or believes can't be a fault surely.

As to your own case there is nothing wrong at all in your buying a Siberian providing you know what your have let yourself in for however I would strongly council against buying one from a breeder who does not care enough about the breed or dogs in general to register it. With a breed like the Siberian new owners need the support of their breeder and the breed club particularly if you are a first time owner.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Please stick around as you sound quite level headed and this site needs as many of those as possible. As has been said, most members are fairly friendly, and I think all have the best interests of dogs at heart.

There are some problems with the wolfy dogs, or at least some breeders, and I think you just have to keep this in mind when choosing one, keep an eye out for any problems if they develop. Personally I read through the posts, take the extreme ones with a pinch of salt, and you should end up with some useful advice. Good luck whatever you decide.
  4. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil

Excellent advice.

It has made me think though, what do you do about puppies with dubious backgrounds? If you buy one, then you might be encouraging bad breeding practices. If no-one buys them, they'll probably end up in a rescue home.
  5. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Yep!....the trouble is, it is never the dogs fault...it still needs a good home regardless of the breeder...but if the market is there....

When you solve that one...please let me in on the secret ;) :lol:
  6. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Hi Spookle,

Just a couple of points.
    First of all, a lot of the negative comments you will have witnessed on Dogsey relate to the ongoing debate about wolf lookalike dogs - Northern Inuits, Utonagans, Tamascans etc etc. "breeds" about which people have very strong opinions.
    Siberian Huskies, on the other hand are an established breed and are are not regarded as part of the "wolf lookalike" debate.

Secondly, those of us involved in Siberian Huskies, and particularly in husky welfare, spend much of our lives dealing with the fallout from breeders such as the one you mention. Since the formation of SHWA(UK) in February 2007, we have rescued and rehomed over 250 unwanted Siberians - 99% of which were not KC registered and from "pet" breeders. This is why some of us tend to raise our hackles when this kind of breeder is mentioned. As I type this, I have a very badly bred 5 month old puppy farm puppy sleeping on my feet,

[​IMG]

with another 4 month old coming in tonight. Neither are KC registered, both bred by "pet only" breeders, and both sold to naive and ill-prepared new owners who were just unable to cope with the delights of a lively, mischievous and independent breed.

The irony is, that if people actually want a puppy farm/backyard breeder dog, they might as well get one from rescue, as this is where large numbers of them end up in any case.

Having said all that, welcome to the frantic world of Siberian Huskies. If you need any advice or help with any aspect of your new arrivals, don't hesitate to e-mail or PM us.

Mick
  7. ElaiRs

ElaiRs New Member

Here is the link to it (Mod's feel free to remove it if needed)
    http://www.cabalesnortherninuits.co.uk/pedigree's.htm
  8. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    I understand now I have seen the link

The breeder has 2 bitches which are litter sisters, and 1 stud dog. So any puppies will have one of the 2 dams on the pedigree.
  9. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    i'm guessing its for puppies from either dam as i know both the dams have had litters, and as the dams are related the breeder is showing the pedigrees will be the same other than the different dams
  10. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    you beat me to it lol
  11. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    You don't buy then - full stop. If people buy them then they are funding bad breeding and encouraging people to continue breeding as they make a profit form it. If you don't buy them then the breeders are left with pups that they can not home and may well have to send them to rescue centres, which they will get no money for and will therefore be out of pocket.....hopefully this would make them think twice before breeding again.

Puppy farms and bad breeders do very well out of people feeling sorry for the terrible pitiful looking pups that they churn out, and the kind hearts of people. it must be terrible to walk away leaving the pups in bad conditions, but if people did not buy them there would not be a market for continuing breeding.
  12. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    BUt why are they Molinka Mia and Molinka Nanook.. When Mia's actual name is Molinka Miyaca?? and her pet name is Mia..

Surely that will confuse pedigrees in itself!!!!!!
  13. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Had the details from H and Z and i want to clear this up as the breeder is a very good friend and is Ela breeder.

The reason there are two bitches listed on the ped on the website is she has two bitches that are litter sisters. She has had one litter out of one girl (who is now spayed) and the other girl is the mum of this litter. So as both litters have the same ped she only put it up once on 'tinternet.

Hope that clears it up as she is a VERY good breeder and this is the first pup she has had that didn't have a home before he was ready to go. I have met the little chap and he is a stunner and a right cheeky little monster.
  14. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Molinka Nanook is also patchy so shouldn't be bred from so she can't be that good!!!!

Doesn't explain why one bitch is called Molinka Mia on the ped but her name is Molinka Miyaca??

Isn't think how pedigrees are so messed up in the first place!!!!

CONFUSING!! registered names go on peds..NOT pet names..so..further down the line someone could mate this pup to its sister.. because it may have Molinka Miyaca as its mother!!!!
  15. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    This is just the ped on the web when you buy a pup you get a full ped with the reg names . . Not really that confusing. The pet names are on to match the names on the other pages of the website. Lets try to keep things in perspective i think there are enough mole hill mountins around . . . :mrgreen:
  16. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Isnt Miyaca an affix? Wasnt Werewolf's dog she lost a "Miyaca" apologies if I am wrong.
  17. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    No its her name.
  18. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    sorry I havent looked at the site.. but can I ask.. did she have two litters, out of two sisters.. by the same stud dog around the same time?
  19. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    No she only ever has one litter at a time, plus Nanook has only ever had 1 litter.
  20. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    But its not..It says on the "our dogs page".. Molinka Miyaca or Mia.. but on the ped it says Molinka Mia..

Backcountry Commanche..is known as Makivik (but its his regd name on ped as it should be.

Molinka Miyaca ...is known as Mia.. but its her pet name on the pedigree

Molinka Nanook is easy as thats her pet name aslo..

BUt why have one pet name and one regd name on the pedigree???

ANd I assume this is the 3rd repeat mating.. from Mia and Makivik??

Bit strange to use your own stud dog on 3 litters. with the same bitch.. where is the diversity in that..

This is why I don't look at NI breeders websites..the more I read the worse it gets!!!!
  21. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    So how do you account for dogs like:

Miyaca Silver Shadow, Miyaca Mountain Cloud, Miyaca Omashte, Miyaca Ahren etc..? Did she just "take" this affix and use it as a name for one of her dogs?