Things you think are 'wrong' with wolfy type crosses/new 'breeds'? Discussions

Discussion in 'Spitz Forum' started by Alphatest, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    They are not a breed.They are crossbreeds. However yes some of those particular crossbreed have inherited previously breed specific ailments among them.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Gawd I am losing the will to live :roll: :lol:

If you seriously can`t see why it`s all so wrong and seriously can`t understand everything which has been explained, then at the very least I beg you please don`t ever breed a dog :?
  4. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Don`t let JK read that statement :lol:

So far ? A shining example of how to do everything wrong for breed development perhaps...
  5. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Aaaargh, her post may have been formulated from logical theory but as it happens yes its fact !

Ok,lets give you a simplified example of what happens when using carriers and affecteds :

Interpreting Your DNA Test Results for Autosomal Recessive Diseases

The info there is not from speculation or guess work, it`s from the experts. It`s in a format which is so easy to understand that anyone can `get it` imo.
    If you still don`t understand however, perhaps take your questions to them, the experts, maybe they can spell it out for you getter than we can :?
  6. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    Efes i believe does see many problems however he is pedantic & you have to remember that when he posts Patch.
    Given that is how he is - would likely make a better breeder than many involved in this dog so far :002:
  7. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    You really do need to take the blinkers off if you can`t see it :?

Breeds developed in the past did not have the benefit of tests, genetics etc. There is no excuse for developers of newer breeds to have not learned from those older breeds health problems, you seem to imply that because things from past era`s are in breeds today that its fine and dandy to keep making the same mistakes now with new breeds.
    It is not !
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2008
  8. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    A sweeping statement Efes. Based on what evidence?

;-)
  9. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    I appreciate what you are saying but it does`nt matter how pedantic someone is if that person is not understanding what they are being pedantic about :002:
  10. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Patch you are wasting your time. It doesnt matter how you try to explain, he wont "get it" forget it now.:)
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    As I said you are wasting your time, its like banging your head up a brick wall Patch, Efes obviously has all the "evidence" to back up his "claims" but reports directly from owners and breeders of dogs suffering and producing diseases are not enough for him, Ive given up.:100:
  12. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I still wait to see evidence of 'so many health issues'. I cannot take SCs (or her spokespeoples) words for it. Ref chosing the best dogs before one creates a breed I agree that (your suggestion) is the best way to do things but sometimes things do not happen like that (we cannot change that now), as in this case. However, it happens in the cat world also, my breed was created from a male (obviously there was a female too) of 'suspect' origin.
  13. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Do you take JK's word for it?
  14. Daysleeper40

Daysleeper40 New Member

I believe the original question was "What is wrong with wolfy type crosses / new breeds?" not "what is wrong with wolfy type crosses / new breeds that is not wrong with established breeds?".

I don't see the relevance of your above statement. Besides, the fact it has been done badly before does not mean it should done badly again. What happened to learning from mistakes?

You are very quick to bring up inbreeding and health issues in established breeds - don't they just show that extra care and diligence is needed to prevent such issues occuring in any "new breed"?
  15. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    Brill. By this, do you mean outcossing to other breeds, or other wolfy breeds that don't go back to Call of the Wild, Majestic etc?
  16. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    What do you mean by so many? How many issues, and how many dogs have these issues? What facts are you basing that comment on?
  17. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    I have understood this fact. The key word here is potentially. If people would say there is a potential problem with the health of the wolfy dogs, then I wouldn't mind as much. But they're not, they are saying there is a problem.
  18. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil

I disagree, please quantify huge. With respect to all the wolfy breeds, the fact that one stud or dam has a hereditary problem is not a huge problem, it is a problem though.

This can be said of many breeds not just wolfy ones.
  19. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    And they've inherited these from the pedigree breeds they've been crossed with?
  20. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil

I think you are deliberately trying to not understand me.

I am not, nor have ever said too much in-breeding is right. I'll admit right now it's wrong.

I'll admit it might be happening, not just in wolfy breeds tho'.

What I am saying is where is the factual evidence that shows it's happening in the wolfy breeds?
  21. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil

Yep, makes sense, don't want to argue with it, never have. But where is the factual evidence that it is happening on a large scale within the wolfy breeds?

You keep trying to make the point that in-breeding is wrong. I keep trying to make the point that I agree too much is wrong. I have yet to see a factual statement stating what is too much, and proof that it is happening within the wolfy breeds.