NI Owners Only Thread Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    great stuff, do you know when the one in alva was held? or if they plan to have another one there next year,,,or even another one this year........though im happy to travel
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a

If he's knackered and can't keep up with them, I would say he needs to rest, not made to 'plod next to you'.

Honestly I'm really concerned now about how much Kato has been exercised this year and the possilibility of joint damage in later life.
  4. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a

There's a committee meeting this month to decide about next year's shows so details should start coming out in October or November. Sorry i don't know about the Alva show, but I understand they're definitely planning a Scottish show. I think they're looking at the Stirling area ATM.
  5. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    When and where is the comittee meeting sally ?
  6. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a
    I don't know. I'm not a committee member.
  7. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    But members can go to meetings ?
  8. sallyinlancs

sallyinlancs New Member

Name:
    n/a
    Members can go to the AGM, I'm not sure there'd be any point in my going along to a meeting to discuss next years' show dates and venues so haven't asked whether or not I could go if I wanted.
  9. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Aw right thanks Sally, when is the next agm ?
  10. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    Well if you do over exercise your lad, you are running the risk of hip problems.
    As a giant breed owner, who has and does stick to the advice given.
    It should be on lead, as the bones are under strain due to size and weight they carry.
    No stairs etc, because again a simple stummble could develop in to a life time injury.
    He shouldn't be plodding at his age, sorry but hes not huge, in size or weight so it does read as if your over exercising him.
  11. MistyBlue

MistyBlue

Name:
    no
    really gorgeous dogs! more pics! :grin:
  12. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Thanks! Will try to sort some more out soon. :grin:
  13. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Found these.

LOL it is a dogs life - on the doggy sofa (left to right: Kalu, Kia, Kita
    [​IMG]

Proof that dogs yawn when their owners do, hehe
    [​IMG]

Pretty Kia (old pic tho)
    [​IMG]

Lupi trying to keep his tail dry
    [​IMG]

Lupi and baby kalu and Kiba in the corner
    [​IMG]

and again - look at the difference in their feet, lol
    [​IMG]

Bet you're overloaded with pics now!
  14. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I love these dogs, I met them at skipton and they are just lush so much better in the flesh :grin:
  15. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Thanks Jem - we're looking forward to next years shows already. Shila is a beautiful girl.
  16. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Beautiful pics, I can see why Lupi is so popular...a mummys boy eh ...
  17. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    definitely, lol.
  18. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise

Sorry Jo I haven't got time to read all the posts after this but came back to check mine had been understood..

My dogs were walked on lead according to the 5 minute rule.. They were never restricted in the garden as they will regulate themselves..MIne got used to wearing his harness around 6 months and dragging juice bottles and braches and things..He pulled CJ at 11 months..and then Alex at around 12..

Not sure if you are asking about on lead or off lead runs..but I would allow off lead as it would be considered natural play...

50 minutes is fine for a walk for an active 10 month old..a couple of times a day...
  19. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    I would not have given Inka 2 50 min walks a day at 10 months old, maybe I'm just boring but I remember Luz telling me about 1 of hers recieving a back injury and I did not take chances with excersise, they didn't get to jump ditches ect till they were at least a year...
  20. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    I wouldn't have given that much exercise off lead. However, 50 minutes mixed on-lead and off-lead I did do. I did have to judge and catch Lupi before he overdid it - being a dog he just wanted to go forever, but I could judge when enough was enough. Although there were a couple of times where he did over do it.

I'll admit when kcjack posted, I got the impression Kato was out for hours rather than less than an hour and only when Kato was over-run would he slow down and plod - but I'll admit, I may have misunderstood.
  21. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    can anyone tell me what the citeria is for people who wish to judge the NI breed?