NI Owners Only Thread Discussions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Hey we have her half sister Ela. Roxy is a lovely girl, i have really enjoyed watching her grow up from the pictures.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    lol - just found these - Lupi was a puppy magnet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all worn out
    [​IMG]
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Adorable Tania xxxxxx
  5. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Who breed Lupi?
  6. Tania

Tania New Member

Name:
    Tania
    Julie K bred Lupi
  7. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Why dont they all look that good then?
  8. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Did I say some where Kato was a husky cross Kc ?
  9. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Thanks xero, I like Inkas ears too, at least they are symetrical lol x
  10. S23Doe

S23Doe New Member

Name:
    Doe
    [​IMG]

Yep they sure are cute lol
  11. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    they are gorgeous:grin: :grin:
  12. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Aw DOE stinky pinky all wee n cute lol thanks x
  13. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Where those Lupis Pups?
  14. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    No Julia, they were the Mastiffs down the road :roll: We cross breed, haven't you heard that :roll:
  15. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Just taking the thread in a slightly different direction.

All these claims of fighting and arguing dicrediting the breed, do they really exist? Or is it more of a case of 'oh I feel like a good argument tonight, lets have a go at the NI owners' (this isn't meant nastily BTW).

I can't help but feel that the only time and place there seems to be lots of fighting over the breed, is on here! People are always entitled to an opinion but would it not be more beneficial to discuss the issues in a more adult and informative way, then making sweeping, unsubstantiated statements about various issues?

Just to make a point, there have been many claims of addisons and VWD in the NI, yet no one as of yet has come forward and said, yes my dog suffers with it or yes I personally know a dog with it, so where have these claims come from?

How do the other NI owners feel about these claims/issues?
  16. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Well this NI owner is fed up of the bull and the smokescreen. Am glad Jo someone finally has the answers have you seen the puppys post mortom results to confirm the cause of death.
    There ARE dogs that have had serious diseases, I think it was werewolf or wolfies dog that died with all the symptoms of Addisons and has never stated his cause of death????????
    Bless Jo you must be a NI virgin still blinded by the lies.
  17. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Not at all Julia, I'm a NI owner who likes allegations backed up with evidence and facts.

It is unfortunate that you are not happy with your NI, however, it does not mean that every NI owner feels that way. It's very easy to sit behind a computer screen and throw wild accusations about ill health but I, personally speaking, would be far happier if someone actually came forward and said, yes my NI has one of these diseases. It is very easy to look at a list of symptoms and think 'oh yes that sounds like, such and such' but that does not mean that that is what it is. After all, if it was that easy, the veterinary profession would not be one of the most profitable in the country!

I have first hand experience of having a dog receive veterinary treatment for a condition, only to find out later down the line that the Vet's original diagnosis was wrong and test results show something else. So if a professional, long serving Vet can not make a 100% diagnosis based just upon symptoms, I certainly don't see how the everyday person can!!
  18. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Excellent post and very well said! All the alligations being thrown are always with 2nd or 3rd hand info. No one ever knows a dog suffering from these illnesses its always my 'mates know someone who has heard of...' stuff. I know for a fact that if Ela breeder had concerns about these kinds of disease she would say so and wouldn't breed. I also trust her and her knowledge a lot more then everyone on this forum!
  19. Jo_W

Jo_W New Member

Name:
    Jo
    I wholeheartedly agree Rachel, I can say with 100% certainty that if Ace's breeder had any concerns regarding these diseases she would most definately say so.
  20. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    You know my name. physcic????

I am very happy with my dog just not the breeders ethics.
  21. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Katos breeder or breeders as a whole ? if its katos breeder by all means pour your heart out you would probably fine everyone on here would support you and empathise with you...
    If you have firm evidence stop the fleeting remarks about health rescue puppies breeding ect and compile a list of facts and names...
    If I were you I would be concerned about the amount of excersise Kato gets, one of your pics shows Katos back legs bowing, this is a sign of over excersise too, I would have thought you'd have known all these things :)