Mastiff ? in N.I Questions

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by inkliveeva, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    nice puppy but I would say it just looks like any other fluffy wee cross breed type,,
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    well if that is a wolf hybrid puppy, Tawney deff wasn't one!!!
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Do you think it could look like that if it had a labrador mother? :002: :roll:

Id quit digging the hole TW, its HUGE now! :044: :044: :044: :044: :044:
  5. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    right oh, I'll hand Tawney's ashes over to DEFRA then shall I, I am sure she will go quietly, she was always a good girl
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Dont be so pathetic, stop lying about your Dog! While you're at it, tell the person that isnt you to take out all YOUR personal info and stop pretending they owned Dobes like you did and use YOUR website as their own. Some damn liars about arent there!!!!! :002: :roll:

Nothing else to say really is there.:mrgreen:
  7. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    You are, as ever, totally correct BD. I will unleash my Mastiff x's and get them to hunt down this miscreant
  8. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Yes, I know I am, thank you.:mrgreen: But do you know what? in reference to this type of dog, I would love to be proved wrong, just once!
  9. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Never knew they had weim in, if people had researched weims properly they would have realised most weim crosses don't have light coats or light eyes as they are recessive genes, and with a weims temp on the whole they (IMO) shouldn't be crossed with anything let a lone a big breed like say, a Mal or a GSD or god forbid a Mastiff. :shock: There is enough trouble in weims of those who are responsibly breeding just with weim to weim to get the influx of highly strung dogs out of the genepool never mind anything else.

'Oh there's a dog with a light coat and light eyes, lets put that in see what happens, oh there's on with a lot of bone, put that in too.' No wonder it's such a bloomin' mess, what a concoction. Jeezo. :roll:
  10. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    i don't think there is any weim or mastiff in NI's, i've never heard it, in fact it was someone on here that started a rumour that there might be some in there, but i can't see it myself
  11. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Not saying there is or isn't, but IF there is or ever was, was a complete numpty that put them in there. JMO.
  12. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    You saying you dont think there is does not really mean anything, in your research has anyone actually factually stated or shown you exactly what breeds, crossbreeds, mongrels were used (not including the vague northern type dogs brought over from America which frankly means nothing in real terms)
    You know that NI came from crossing breeds so why should you not believe that these two were involved?:001:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  13. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I was thumbing through my book on genetics and breeding yesterday..they had info on coat pattern in weimy pups.. apparently it fades as they grow,, have tried to take a photo of them {sorry its black and white,,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    Lots of NI puppies have that same stripey effect at birth...
  15. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    A rumour, like the one Margaret Foster told me then Mahlek Call Of the Wild had wolf content...as she said " where do you think the yellow eyes come from ":)
  16. liz & kiesha

liz & kiesha New Member

Name:
    Liz
    I cant see any connection here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    [​IMG]

can you make out the stripes Shona
  18. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine

I thought that too Liz till I saw the 2 pups at the beginning of the thread...
  19. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
  20. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    i was told what breeds went into creating the NI and i happily believe what i was told. xero was'nt stripey on her silver markings when she was born, and even NI's that are does'nt mean they have weim blood in them. my red sable sable gsd pup was stripey when he was born (saw pics), he looked brindle until he was 3 weeks old when the red started to come through, and his parents are both pure bred gsds
  21. exanthematcus

exanthematcus New Member

Name:
    halo
    my gsd cross had bright yellow eyes, does'nt mean he had wolf in him