NI/Ute Health Problems Health

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Aug 26, 2008.

1. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    pmsl... i know.. i woke up in a cold sweat. :lol:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice

Hi Laura I am fine and hope you and Ian are the same.

Apologies for having gone off topic.
  4. lovezois

Name:
    Eunice
    I second that re the pedigrees but its great that some people are doing the right thing now, better late than never and a big step in the right direction.
  5. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Hi all,

Can anyone comment on my Registration for Kopek?

[​IMG]

Cheers
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
  6. lovezois

Name:
    Eunice
    Nothing showing for me sorry.
  7. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    sorry I can't see it
  8. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil

That should be it, sorry :-(
  9. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    I can see it now, a lot of familiar NIS dogs on there.
  10. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S

Hi if what I read last night is true then your pedigree could be wrong, last night I read that Daytona Ice Warrior and Lakota Mountain Spirit are infact brother and sister,that were mated without the person realising as they had different affixes. So they are both out of Inuk and Mahlek Cassandra:?

Maybe someone with more N.I/ B.I info could help.
  11. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Thanks Janie - that's interesting. I wonder if they know this as a certainty (and how they know) or is it a theory at the moment? I wish I'd been there.
  12. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    I can confirm what MS said. If true it means your dogs mother was out of a litter brother/sister mating. Daytona Ice Warrior is the dog the NIS blame for Epilepsy in the breed.
  13. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Thanks, I was told by the head of the BIDC that one of the puppies in the same litter as mine had to be PTS due to epilepsy. So far my fella seems perfectly healthy.
  14. Moonstone

Moonstone New Member

Name:
    S

Aw I am sorry to hear that, what a complete mess all this is:-(

I really hope your boy stays healthy, I think the last few days has really been a huge eye opener, and TBH scary as what the future could have instore for the dogs health wise.
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Here you go Effes, what it said about your dogs mothers parents.

16. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Thanks Dawn. The lady at the BIDC said she would never stud my fella, or any of his litter, because of the mother. So at least this club seem to be trying to do the right thing.
  17. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    And even if this isn't the case, Call of the Wild is on both sides of the sire within 5 generations, and even though I can't find info for 3 out of the 8 Great Grandparents (Megu Liq at Mahlek, Daytona the Mohark and Mahlek Cassandra) I have Willow V cropping up 6 times, Majestic - 8 times etc.

Anyone know anything about the dogs I'm missing?
  18. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Does anyone have a family tree (sorry, don't know what it's called in dog circles) for any of my dogs ancestors? Please feel free to pm any info to me.
  19. Heather and Zak

Heather and Zak New Member

Name:
    heather
    Well guys, I have to say this thread has me in tears, I feel so sorry for all the poor owners and so so sad for all the dogs. I knew the NI were in a mess but didn't realize how bad things were. I pray all the breeding stops, but I know it won't. If all these pedigrees are based on lies, how will people know if the sire is related to the bitch anymore. It's just so sad. What could have been a lovely breed has been ruined by all the lies, and it all comes down to money and egos. Shame on the people that has been involved in all the deceit.
  20. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    those pedigree's are truely horrid.. how could someone do that.. more so the founder breeder of NI dogs... I can see no love in her actions for the breed.. only £££££££ ETA: what I dont understand is... why she would allow a brother sister mating when there were clearly other dogs that could be used at stud.. did she get a pup from the litter? was this her way of fixing type? there must have been some motivation for doing it?? anyone got any ideas?
  21. ElaiRs

ElaiRs New Member

I totally agree with everything you said. Its the poor owners that are left with useless and possibly unhealthy dogs that I really feel for. The worst part for me is that people knew and said nothing so allowed it to continue.

It makes me so mad :evil: