NI/Ute Health Problems Health

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Aug 26, 2008.

1. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    I like many other people was taken in believing what I was told on the origins and health of the breed.

Now I know better, I knew that many of the dogs were inbred and have spoken out about it before. But it was only at the genetics talk that I got to see the pedigrees that have now been forwarded to Dr Jeff Sampson and realise just how bad things are with the inbreeding.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    So when exactly have you been to sandra`s house??

In regards to Breeze that`s down to her owner... :?

What about the 4 male adult dogs Sue Sutton had up for rehoming on the NIS website... why did she want shot of them? People rehome dogs for all sorts of reasons. The reason the two pregnant bitches were sent elsewhere to whelp, as there was threats from the NIS camp, to harm her dogs. From reading other breeders & owners experience of exactly the same thing, elsewhere, i know this to be true.

Thes only dogs affected with Epilepsy was from one mating and that subsequent line. So it`s down to the owners of the pups from this litter and the owners of their pups not to breed from them. As the bitch is Mahlek bred and the Sire recommended by the same person... so on who`s advice were they bred in the first place? Echo has had 4 litters and not one of the other litters have had any problems with epilepsy.. so what does that tell you. "1 mating only" :roll:
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    The dog they blame for Epilepsy is Mahlek bred too! Why keep saying its a daytona dog when its a mahlek dog, its just that the owners who bred it used the daytona affix!
  5. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Not strictly on topic but I can't find the other thread..

Why is it that two Sansorella dogs are winning NIS shows but not using their affix that they were bred with??
  6. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Because JK & the owners of the two bitches are like this :008: and can`t have people knowing that show winning dogs are coming from Sandra. :lol:
  7. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Sorry to be thick, but are you saying that the epilepsy came about because of the sire? Who was the sire? Daytona Ice Warrior? Is that who is believed to be blamed for the epilepsy?
  8. lovezois

lovezois Fondly remembered

Name:
    Eunice
    Hi LS I think if you look at Borderdawns post 323 she has answered this.
  9. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    From what Dr Sampson said it was the unfortunate event of those 2 particular dogs mated together that caused the problem. Separately with other mates, it wouldn`t cause any problems.. only if the effected genes were exactly the same in both dogs. He also went on to say that the dogs shouldn`t necessarily be taken out the breeding program, just NEVER repeat that combination again.
  10. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

I don't get it. :? Mode of inheritance isn't known so is he saying both dogs would have to be carriers?
  11. Lionhound

Lionhound

Name:
    Lorna
    I don't know how all you owners are feeling, but I am gutted for you after seeing the pedigrees.

I hope that this can be a starting point for things to get better. I applaud how people seem to be doing the right thing now.
  12. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Just read about a brother/sister Mahlek mating and it makes me feel sick its warped for anyone to knowingly mate a brother and sister wrong on every level.
  13. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Hiya Eunice :0 Been an age since I saw you. How are you doing?
  14. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Hi Luz
    Can you shed any light on the Mahlek sibling matings? And why JK did it?
    Any help appreciatted
  15. Luz

Luz New Member

Name:
    Laura

Not sure what your talking about? What mating is this?
  16. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Have Pm'd you details
  17. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    Not just carriers.. but 2 carriers with the exact same sequence of faulty genes (more than one in play.. but JS said they have no idea how many) to cause an affected litter.
  18. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    I have seen this pedigree, I am shocked
  19. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    I`ve been shocked at most of the pedigrees i`ve seen... i even had a dream last night about COI results on my dogs... and they were about 80%.. lol.. this thing must really be worrying me deep down.
  20. arctic.wolf

arctic.wolf

Name:
    Alison
    yes it has upset a lot of peole to find out the truth about the breed, but COI 80% think that would involve cloning

I had previously had my dogs COI worked out by another breeder (not involved in NI so totally impartial) and I was shocked when I found out. It is not possible know with just a standard 3 gen pedigree, things look OK if you only go back 3 gen.
  21. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    Are the NIS having another boycott as Werewolf ,Sally and Razcox have read the questions asked and for once dont have anything to add, anyone else noticed this?